Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Banksy

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Director's Cut. It was supposed to shred the whole thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxkwRNIZgdY

What I still don't understand is the first video said something like "we built a shredder into the frame in case it was ever auctioned", which suggests this picture was not sold by Banksy, or an associate, but rather by someone else. As such, assuming this picture was out in the wild for some period of time, would batteries to power the shredder have retained their charge?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxkwRNIZgdY

What I still don't understand is the first video said something like "we built a shredder into the frame in case it was ever auctioned", which suggests this picture was not sold by Banksy, or an associate, but rather by someone else. As such, assuming this picture was out in the wild for some period of time, would batteries to power the shredder have retained their charge?

Connected to the mains apparently as its backlit.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If it had worked properly, and ALL the artwork had fallen out of the frame, then I think they buyer may have thought about accepting the offer of a refund.

However, with it finishing half out, its probably increased it's value by a fortune.

Everyone wins.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If it had worked properly, and ALL the artwork had fallen out of the frame, then I think they buyer may have thought about accepting the offer of a refund.

However, with it finishing half out, its probably increased it's value by a fortune.

Everyone wins.

This.

The buyer had the value of his purchase doubled just after the bang of the hammer.

Genius.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

...[/url]

and setup suggests someone would be around to trigger the shredder. i like the fun of this setup but dont like the pretending about it. if they wanted the whole thing to shred the whole thing would shred. but shred an expensive piece of art someone sues, half shred a Banksy and its a peice of performance art.
btw you can see the battery at 14sec.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m now of the opinion it was a staged piece of performance art. And I don’t have an issue with this, I actually think it’s quite clever.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I wonder if the battery was flat and that led to the half shred?

fair point, though id expect a near flat battery to slow down. ive watched again and it stops dead.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Finally named? ☹️

The Daily Mail report that the street artist Banksy, almost definitely the most famous graffiti artist in the world, has been named as 53-year-old Robin Gunningham.”

IMG_3448.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am Banksy and so is my wife.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think this has been an open secret for a number of years now?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It feels like the unmasking of Kendo Nagasaki,in my head I had a image of a Japanese Samurai type chap and in reality it turned out to be a Dave from Doncaster reveal.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here