Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Radio Two and Simon Mayo.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yes it,s subjective but all over the MSM this weekend that Mayo is about to leave R2 (?) over the changes to the Drivetime show. Can only say that for myself the old set up came across well. :bigwave:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The new show with Jo Wiley doesn’t work, they’ve got no chemistry together at all. A few weeks ago OJ Borg and Suzy Perry stood in for them and the show was miles better. It’s a real shame as the old Simon Mayo show worked really well.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Jo Wiley has ruined it.
Like she has sucked the life out of him.

Absolutely, 100% this.

She appeared, f*cked up the whole dynamic so badly I can't even listen to the show any more. She's like one of those annoying Mums who helps at school fetes. Always into everything, being dull and annoying, adding nothing but her unwanted presence.

The chemistry between them is awful. You can tell in his voice that his show is trying to get rid of a bloody squatter. They won't boot her off though. They'll get accused of all sorts if they do.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
At least we might get a proper Simon Mayo Drivetime show back if he goes to Smooth Radio.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The new show with Jo Wiley doesn’t work, they’ve got no chemistry together at all. A few weeks ago OJ Borg and Suzy Perry stood in for them and the show was miles better. It’s a real shame as the old Simon Mayo show worked really well.

Jo Wiley was on with the guy from Kaiser Chiefs the other week. They seemed to work well together.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's not Jo Wiley's fault, they both have different broadcasting styles, blame the suits who stupidly put them together.

It is Jo Wiley's fault, talentless nonentity that she is. Risen without trace due to the BBC's ridiculous pandering to gender politics. And don't get me started on Zoe Ball...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least we might get a proper Simon Mayo Drivetime show back if he goes to Smooth Radio.
He might be after more time to concentrate on his writing.
I believe one of his books is heading into fill production.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Jo Wiley has ruined it.
Like she has sucked the life out of him.

This and this. They had a very successful show ..... why try and fix something that wasn't broken ?

Gave up listening after a week. Tried again a couple of months later and it was actually worse. Feel rather sorry for Mayo.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It is Jo Wiley's fault, talentless nonentity that she is. Risen without trace due to the BBC's ridiculous pandering to gender politics. And don't get me started on Zoe Ball...

I didn't get you started on Zoe Ball.
I assume you don't entirely agree that she got the breakfast gig?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I didn't get you started on Zoe Ball.
I assume you don't entirely agree that she got the breakfast gig?

1aa38575aa2252390d8b5a485290b957.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's not Jo Wiley's fault, they both have different broadcasting styles, blame the suits who stupidly put them together.

Most sensible answer on this thread.
Jo Whiley is absolutely music heaven, whilst Simon Mayo is just a run of the mill, easy listening dj.
They should sack the ****wit that put them together. IMO

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Absolutely, 100% this.

She appeared, f*cked up the whole dynamic so badly I can't even listen to the show any more. She's like one of those annoying Mums who helps at school fetes. Always into everything, being dull and annoying, adding nothing but her unwanted presence.

The chemistry between them is awful. You can tell in his voice that his show is trying to get rid of a bloody squatter. They won't boot her off though. They'll get accused of all sorts if they do.

Could not agree more, I used to tune in every evening to The Simon Mayo Show and found the Friday evening show the pick of the bunch, then they thought to make up for this Wiley person not having received a higher salary they not only stuck her in the Mayo program but gave her equal listing with Simon which not only insulted Simon but also his excellent team.
I tried two programs but you could sense the blend was not right,hopefully the BBC will have the guts to put things back as they were

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here