Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Declan Rice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Turi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you’re saying his performance was better than Hazard’s and Coutinho’s last season!?
    No...I should have said 'this season' and didn't mean in the history of the Amex ( Hazard last year was way better imo)
    My ambition is handicapped by laziness

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I thought he was highly impressive and you can see why he is highly thought of
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      Just can’t bring yourself to give the actual man of the match Kayal the credit he deserves can you?!

Rice was by far their best player though, he was superb. Really hope he chooses England!

That is absolute rubbish as I said on the thread King Kayal that he was very good but obviously that doesnt suit your agenda, Just for the record Sky MOM was Dunk I am told, although I didnt agree with that as I thought that Kayal was our best player by far.
      Head in the clouds Ninja Elephant's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Rice was very good but only in a water carrier kind of way. Just wait for Hazard again.

At least Coutinho isn't playing in England any more! I'm not sure who is more relieved, us or Tottenham...

2 Not allowed!
      Can see the potential but he just moves the ball nicely side to side. Knows his role in that side rarely leaves the centre circle. Tbh as tidy as he is on the ball he doesn’t look like he has the vision to open up top sides and isn’t a player that would scare defenders. Found a lot of space last night as they were clever how they operate in midfield leaving him spare a lot of the time. Now if he had a range of passing of Xabi Alonso there would a player to be afraid of
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Lemming Stomper View Post
      If we see a better performance by an away player than Declan Rice's tonight, it will be some performance.
      We see this shape from other teams where the fullbacks push up high, you then have a holding midfielder who effectively becomes a third centre half in the event of a break. I didn't think it worked for them though, as it was basically Zabaleta pushed up in our half that cost them the goal and our best attacks. In carrying a lack of width imho WHU tried to play through the middle of the park too often where we could congest and press the ball, all be it too deep. They never really got Arno into a clear bit of space because they didn't really stretch our back four from being narrow.

I can see why they beat MU, because once a side has to attack them, they can exploit that space, but once behind and against a side going compact, they really lacked that width and getting in behind a team to create real clear cut chances.

Was Rice impressive, yes, but I also don't think he effected their attacking play enough from his deep lying position to suggest it was a truly stand out performance.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by martin tyler View Post
      Can see the potential but he just moves the ball nicely side to side. Knows his role in that side rarely leaves the centre circle. Tbh as tidy as he is on the ball he doesn’t look like he has the vision to open up top sides and isn’t a player that would scare defenders. Found a lot of space last night as they were clever how they operate in midfield leaving him spare a lot of the time. Now if he had a range of passing of Xabi Alonso there would a player to be afraid of
      Agree as said above.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Lemming Stomper View Post
      If we see a better performance by an away player than Declan Rice's tonight, it will be some performance.
      I agree, had an excellent game, and a very good prospect indeed. Now he has to decide whether to stick with the Republic of Ireland, or make himself available for future England selection.

1 Not allowed!
      Nah, we just let them have the ball back there, so he was never under any pressure
      In this great future you can't forget your past

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Van Winkle View Post
      Attachment 101074

Actual picture of him leaving the Amex.
      That is actually Iain Dowie.
      "I wasted £100 on a hotel room, another £100 on drink, whole weekend a complete waste of money, all in all the worst away day iv'e ever had ever. i can handle wasting good money, but seeing palace players getting laughed at by that lot, being laughed at as we leave the ground, that f***ing hurts, feel numb today, feel totaly numb with shock, going to take a long time to get over this one."