Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Declan Rice

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Second half he was great (when we let them have all of the ball), but we played through their midfield three very easily in the first half, I thought.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If we see a better performance by an away player than Declan Rice's tonight, it will be some performance.

There are times when you think that an opposition player is so playing well that you decide to check the line up to find out their name - His performance wasn't one of those occasions tonight.

TBH - I Couldn't tell you a thing about what he did tonight, at any point in the game and had no reason to try to find out their name after some good play (if there was any by him)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
CBD565BA-D013-465E-BF66-638D046C6CD5.jpeg

Actual picture of him leaving the Amex.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just can’t bring yourself to give the actual man of the match Kayal the credit he deserves can you?!

Rice was by far their best player though, he was superb. Really hope he chooses England!

That is absolute rubbish as I said on the thread King Kayal that he was very good but obviously that doesnt suit your agenda, Just for the record Sky MOM was Dunk I am told, although I didnt agree with that as I thought that Kayal was our best player by far.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Rice was very good but only in a water carrier kind of way. Just wait for Hazard again. :ohmy:

At least Coutinho isn't playing in England any more! I'm not sure who is more relieved, us or Tottenham...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can see the potential but he just moves the ball nicely side to side. Knows his role in that side rarely leaves the centre circle. Tbh as tidy as he is on the ball he doesn’t look like he has the vision to open up top sides and isn’t a player that would scare defenders. Found a lot of space last night as they were clever how they operate in midfield leaving him spare a lot of the time. Now if he had a range of passing of Xabi Alonso there would a player to be afraid of

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we see a better performance by an away player than Declan Rice's tonight, it will be some performance.

We see this shape from other teams where the fullbacks push up high, you then have a holding midfielder who effectively becomes a third centre half in the event of a break. I didn't think it worked for them though, as it was basically Zabaleta pushed up in our half that cost them the goal and our best attacks. In carrying a lack of width imho WHU tried to play through the middle of the park too often where we could congest and press the ball, all be it too deep. They never really got Arno into a clear bit of space because they didn't really stretch our back four from being narrow.

I can see why they beat MU, because once a side has to attack them, they can exploit that space, but once behind and against a side going compact, they really lacked that width and getting in behind a team to create real clear cut chances.

Was Rice impressive, yes, but I also don't think he effected their attacking play enough from his deep lying position to suggest it was a truly stand out performance.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can see the potential but he just moves the ball nicely side to side. Knows his role in that side rarely leaves the centre circle. Tbh as tidy as he is on the ball he doesn’t look like he has the vision to open up top sides and isn’t a player that would scare defenders. Found a lot of space last night as they were clever how they operate in midfield leaving him spare a lot of the time. Now if he had a range of passing of Xabi Alonso there would a player to be afraid of

Agree as said above.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Nah, we just let them have the ball back there, so he was never under any pressure

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here