Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was discussing Glenn with a sensible Palace fan I know (yes - "sensible" "Palace" in the same sentence?) and it seems that they really do not have a bad word to say about him - they seem to like him a lot

Why would they? He helped them get promoted to the PL (at our expense) where they have since remained.

He has moved both ways, and both times it was the club's choice letting him go, not his.

Palace (and Bournemouth) didn't think he was up to the PL and we (Gus) didn't think he was up to the Championship :facepalm:.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The only thing Ali J needs to be "considering" about the goal is that he should be pretty pleased with his role in it; he made a run from deep that drew Diop away from the middle and (due to Masuaku's dereliction of duty) left Murray in yards of space.

I thought Ali J had a decent, first Premier League start tonight; really looking forward to what he will contribute over the next few months.

Shows one of the benefits of having pace and mobility in the team. An isolated Murray when we play 9-0-1, leaves Murray crowded out of the game by both centre halves.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Poster who know there football would have agreed with me when I wrote:-

'If we're reliant of GH this season we're as good as relegated'.

I hit that nail right on the thumb.

Oh God, those are my initials, I hope no one is relying on me to keep us up, I’m nearly 60, short, rotund, and couldn’t run if my arse was on fire.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The only thing Ali J needs to be "considering" about the goal is that he should be pretty pleased with his role in it; he made a run from deep that drew Diop away from the middle and (due to Masuaku's dereliction of duty) left Murray in yards of space.

I thought Ali J had a decent, first Premier League start tonight; really looking forward to what he will contribute over the next few months.

I agree thought he had a good game and after Southampton away not sure why he did not start against Man City .

The one 'blot' on the night was his choice to blast the shot rather than control it. Murray's goals are often the result of the minimal contact rather than power....

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I have never in all my time seen a player miss so many shots in a warm up before transferring in to the ultimate goal predator once the whistle blows in my life.

I remember thinking the same in league 1 days where he would be languishing up and skying shots at 2:40 pm before netting a hattrick. North stand had to take cover before the match last night as he missed from a yard out and cleared the safety net, then surprise surprise he nets the winner.

Absolute hero. [emoji119]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have never in all my time seen a player miss so many shots in a warm up before transferring in to the ultimate goal predator once the whistle blows in my life.

I remember thinking the same in league 1 days where he would be languishing up and skying shots at 2:40 pm before netting a hattrick. North stand had to take cover before the match last night as he missed from a yard out and cleared the safety net, then surprise surprise he nets the winner.

Absolute hero. [emoji119]

Because of the late kick off, I was there early, and we were laughing about his dreadful shooting during the warm up. (I think it's a percentage thing - miss 90% in the warm up and they're far more likely to go in during the game. He knows what he's doing :thumbsup:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh God, those are my initials, I hope no one is relying on me to keep us up, I’m nearly 60, short, rotund, and couldn’t run if my arse was on fire.

Oh la de da someone sees themselves as Murray's replacement!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Imagine letting him go to your biggest rivals (eventually) and signing Christian Barnteke for £30mil and £120k a week while Murray fires your rivals into the prem and then keeps them there and bags loads of goals at the top level. Imagine.

Indeed. Bit who was daft enough to sell him to Palace?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Murray was on BT Sport this afternoon summarising the Spurs game.
The Panel were talking about the clubs at the bottom being there becos they did not have a goal scorer.
Tim Sherwood said more clubs need a Murray and if Brighton don't offer him a new deal there would be no shortage of offers from other clubs.
He then said " And now he has a new Agent"...…………………….
Are we in a Stockdale situation where we have offered a 1 year deal but he wants longer?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Murray was on BT Sport this afternoon summarising the Spurs game.
The Panel were talking about the clubs at the bottom being there becos they did not have a goal scorer.
Tim Sherwood said more clubs need a Murray and if Brighton don't offer him a new deal there would be no shortage of offers from other clubs.
He then said " And now he has a new Agent"...…………………….
Are we in a Stockdale situation where we have offered a 1 year deal but he wants longer?
Naylor reported in the week that a deal was verbally agreed subject to him performing. And his agent is James Tunicliffe.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Muzza is such an experienced pro. It is the little things he does off the ball. At one point last night whilst we had a throw level with their penalty box he ambled over to their weakest defender and basically dragged the guy back 3 yards towards their goal. It caused the rest of the defensive line to drop back too creating more space for us to attack from the throw. You only get that from an experienced striker who is at the top of his game. You will never see stuff like that on motd. You really have to watch Glen live to appreciate how important he is to our team. Albion legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here