Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contain Arnautovic

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is the key tonight

This fella is absolute mustard, the best striker in the league outside the top 6

Sit on him Duffy and Dunk

Get the midfield roaring from the kick off, hopefully with Jakanbasch getting his long overdue first start and feed mighty Glenn

What would be your plan ?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Felipe Anderson is a class act...

Montoya will be tested by him and this will be a key duel...

Hammers fans just as concerned with Murray as we are with Arnautovic

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Arnautovic is good on his day, but regularly goes missing when he doesn't fancy it. West Ham have hit a bit of form of late and he's been a part of that, but nobody was raving about him when they were utterly stinking the place out over the first 4 games this season, getting humped at home by Wolves and the muff.

It really depends which West Ham / Arnautovic turns up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hope we start as we did against Fulham, get at them early, get our wingers forward with support from our fullbacks and try to take a bit of control of the midfield. Hopefully we won't miss any penalties.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
West Ham’s front three are all very good players. However, the rest of their team has nothing to fear so let’s hope we can get on the front foot and starve their forward players of the ball.

Also, Zabaleta is very slow now so hopefully Izquierdo will start.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Arnautovic is good on his day, but regularly goes missing when he doesn't fancy it. West Ham have hit a bit of form of late and he's been a part of that, but nobody was raving about him when they were utterly stinking the place out over the first 4 games this season, getting humped at home by Wolves and the muff.

He scored 2 in the opening 3 games... so that's pretty much rubbish. He's got 4 in 7... plus an assist. I'd say that's pretty consistent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This. He's "in form", he's not "the best striker outside the top 6" any more than Vardy, Murray or Mitrovic.

And personally I'd probably take either of the two at Bournemouth over any of them at the moment - Fraser and Wilson.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He scored 2 in the opening 3 games... so that's pretty much rubbish. He's got 4 in 7... plus an assist. I'd say that's pretty consistent.

Like I said, he's decent on his day, but he certainly has plenty of "off" days as well when he doesn't turn up. He could rip us a new one tonight, but equally he could be totally anonymous, there's rarely very much inbetween from what I've seen of him. Some games he looks like he just can't be arsed, lets hope tonight is one of them.

Or perhaps more so which ALBION team turns up.

Very much this. Come out of the traps like a home team and we'll give ourselves a great chance. Tiptoe onto the pitch a-la Spurs and we'll get nothing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This. He's "in form", he's not "the best striker outside the top 6" any more than Vardy, Murray or Mitrovic.

And personally I'd probably take either of the two at Bournemouth over any of them at the moment - Fraser and Wilson.

Agreed. I'm not sure Arnautovic would pass our "no dickheads" test either, he sounds high maintenance. He all but went on strike at Stoke to force a move.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This is the key tonight

This fella is absolute mustard, the best striker in the league outside the top 6

Sit on him Duffy and Dunk

Get the midfield roaring from the kick off, hopefully with Jakanbasch getting his long overdue first start and feed mighty Glenn

What would be your plan ?

My West Ham supporting friend says he is a doubt, late fitness test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
BBC match preview: Marko Arnautovic will play despite an ongoing knee problem.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here