Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61
  1. #21
    Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    BN1
    Posts
    53,994


    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope we start as we did against Fulham, get at them early, get our wingers forward with support from our fullbacks and try to take a bit of control of the midfield. Hopefully we won't miss any penalties.
    Hopefully Solly March, having beaten his man, won't look across to the box and see not a single Albion shirt in that box, like against Spurs. Can't keep having to settle for deflected corners instead, especially as we normally do very little with them.
    Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Like I said, he's decent on his day, but he certainly has plenty of "off" days as well when he doesn't turn up. He could rip us a new one tonight, but equally he could be totally anonymous, there's rarely very much inbetween from what I've seen of him. Some games he looks like he just can't be arsed, lets hope tonight is one of them.



      Very much this. Come out of the traps like a home team and we'll give ourselves a great chance. Tiptoe onto the pitch a-la Spurs and we'll get nothing.
      You implied he was rubbish in the first four games with the quote "but nobody was raving about him when they were utterly stinking the place out over the first 4 games this season". That's simply untrue, as I stated, with 2 goals in the opening 3 games. Every striker has off days - crikey, Murray has his fair share even when he's scoring - but to suggest he's still going missing with regularity "when he doesn't fancy it" overlooks the progress the guy has clearly made over the last year in terms of his attitude and consistency.
    • #23

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hopefully Solly March, having beaten his man, won't look across to the box and see not a single Albion shirt in that box, like against Spurs. Can't keep having to settle for deflected corners instead, especially as we normally do very little with them.
      I think that's my biggest frustration with this season so far, tactically at least. March, who's been pretty decent in all the games I've seen him in, has had so few options attacking the box for him to aim at. What's the point in playing an out and out winger if no one is going to get in there to attack the balls he's putting in? And if you're going to ask him to slow down so that others can catch up, then you've either got the wrong players in your midfield and forward line or you need to work out another form of attack as that just slows the whole attack down, making us much less threatening from wide areas.
    • #24
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Sarisbury Green, Southampton
      Posts
      3,620


      1 Not allowed!
      Felipe Anderson is the player to stop. He is quality and most of their attacking threat will come through him - stop him and the ball won't get to Arnautovic. Yarmolenko is a luxury player, not worried about him but Anderson is a star, amazed he went there rather than a champions league side.
    • #25
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      52,353


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You implied he was rubbish in the first four games with the quote "but nobody was raving about him when they were utterly stinking the place out over the first 4 games this season". That's simply untrue, as I stated, with 2 goals in the opening 3 games. Every striker has off days - crikey, Murray has his fair share even when he's scoring - but to suggest he's still going missing with regularity "when he doesn't fancy it" overlooks the progress the guy has clearly made over the last year in terms of his attitude and consistency.
      Ok ok. He's Messi. I'm terrified now.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #26

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ok ok. He's Messi. I'm terrified now.
      I honestly don't know how you've managed to find the words to build such a strong counter argument.
    • #27
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      41,763


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ok ok. He's Messi. I'm terrified now.
      Think you're getting him muddled up with Will Grigg.
    • #28

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Like I said, he's decent on his day, but he certainly has plenty of "off" days as well when he doesn't turn up. He could rip us a new one tonight, but equally he could be totally anonymous, there's rarely very much inbetween from what I've seen of him. Some games he looks like he just can't be arsed, lets hope tonight is one of them.



      Very much this. Come out of the traps like a home team and we'll give ourselves a great chance. Tiptoe onto the pitch a-la Spurs and we'll get nothing.
      I think you're remembering his Stoke form

      Since going up front only Salah has been involved (goals and assists) in more goals than him in 2018 (Arnautovic is level with Aguero and Kane)

      This includes part of before Xmas

    • #29
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      52,353


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I honestly don't know how you've managed to find the words to build such a strong counter argument.
      You say he's been fantastic all season, I think he's been his usual patchy self (like he's been his whole career), and happens to have come into a bit of form of late, but could just as easily disappear tonight as he is wont to do. His player ratings on https://readwestham.com/category/rep...ws/post-match/ v the Muff, Wolves and Liverpool were all 6/10. Then he got a 7/10 v Arsenal, and a 9/10 at Everton, which pretty much backs up what I've been saying. He's come into some form of late and could be dangerous. But just as likely might not be.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Think you're getting him muddled up with Will Grigg.
      Easily done.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #30

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You say he's been fantastic all season, I think he's been his usual patchy self (like he's been his whole career), and happens to have come into a bit of form of late, but could just as easily disappear tonight as he is wont to do. His player ratings on https://readwestham.com/category/rep...ws/post-match/ v the Muff, Wolves and Liverpool were all 6/10. Then he got a 7/10 v Arsenal, and a 9/10 at Everton, which pretty much backs up what I've been saying. He's come into some form of late and could be dangerous. But just as likely might not be.



      Easily done.
      This season - played 6 scored 4 assists 1

      Since going up front last December - played 24, scored 15 assists 9

      lets hope this patchy form continues
      Last edited by CBWHU; 05-10-2018 at 10:55.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •