Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bong has been generally good this season so why pick on him as there are others that havent performed consistently as we know they should.and can. 1 has just been given a new contract for 5 years.

I disagree that he's been good. Hughton feels he more solid than Bernardo and thats fair enough. Most people would accept that he offers nothing going forward, he's completely one footed and his crossing is diabolical (never beats the first man, no pace etc). He's playing because of his strength and defensive work. People might say this is critical but that tackle on Kane which lead to the goal was awful with him going for the ball with his wrong foot, he gave away the penalty against Saints with a tackle on Ings which Deeney called 'school boy' and I'd agree then (and I know people will disagree) doesn't continue his run to stop Sane's cross against City for Sterlings goal (watch it he stops). Yes we're playing in the PL etc but That's 3 in games in a row for a 'solid' defender.

Yes Dunk hasn't been great but his contribution to use in the PL absolutely dwarfs that of Bong. I wish we had a better left back but there we go.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I disagree that he's been good. Hughton feels he more solid than Bernardo and thats fair enough. Most people would accept that he offers nothing going forward, he's completely one footed and his crossing is diabolical (never beats the first man, no pace etc). He's playing because of his strength and defensive work. People might say this is critical but that tackle on Kane which lead to the goal was awful with him going for the ball with his wrong foot, he gave away the penalty against Saints with a tackle on Ings which Deeney called 'school boy' and I'd agree then (and I know people will disagree) doesn't continue his run to stop Sane's cross against City for Sterlings goal (watch it he stops). Yes we're playing in the PL etc but That's 3 in games in a row for a 'solid' defender.

Yes Dunk hasn't been great but his contribution to use in the PL absolutely dwarfs that of Bong. I wish we had a better left back but there we go.

The two critical fouls against Stains and Spurs were completely pointless. There was no need to make them.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Bozza love you’re work mate but the level of adverts on here is making mobile viewing a bit savage geeza. 47A859C6-B904-4097-B8A1-6CF96B39B686.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bozza love you’re work mate but the level of adverts on here is making mobile viewing a bit savage geeza. View attachment 101066

WH'Ss strength is counter attacking so dont expect us to throw caution to the wind ..that doesn't mean we cant be positive though...we will have to be if we want to win this match

Hmm I didnt quote this post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here