Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Jose isn't ruled out either. All that article says is he won't play him just because he scored against em last season.

That's perfectly sound thinking, though I think there actually IS a case for playing him just because of what he did (twice) against them last season. If they are a little overly worried about him, and choose to double-up, that can only be good news for Knockaert and others.

(Theory only works if anyone playing or coaching even remembers last years' games. they've had quite a turnover!)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
First game of the season for me tonight. last season I attended 2 home wins, so I expect my 100% record to continue. They might be in form, the whammers, but I feel we're in the mood to go about some brutal business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
hmmmm can't decide whether I'm excited about tonight's game, or excited in anticipation of the 5 identical threads that will be posted at 21:54.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Hmmm, Friday night games.
Bloody great if we win and can take it easy for the Saturday games, but a long 'orrid weekend if we lose.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hmmm, Friday night games.
Bloody great if we win and can take it easy for the Saturday games, but a long 'orrid weekend if we lose.
And a long international break if we lose.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Moose, Talksports expert analyst and commentator, reckons a comfortable West Ham win tonight unless he said we raise our game as we often do when the big boys come to the Amex.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
As apposed to the Eagles tune Peaceful Easy Feeling, I've got a bad case of the frenetic un-easy feeling's... I think we're hitting the end of the road for the favoured Hughton XI, tonight (or as a result of tonight, yes that's better...) will see the end of one or two players' runs in the team... I can feel a big defeat coming on.

This might (as alluded to), however, signal the turning of the tide, and certain 'new' arrivals might finally be given a genuine chance to shine, in genuinely winnable matches to come.

Obviously I'd love to be wrong here, but I sure don't feel too 'hot' right now :/

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Moose, Talksports expert analyst and commentator, reckons a comfortable West Ham win tonight unless he said we raise our game as we often do when the big boys come to the Amex.
Bugger, it’s only West Ham.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Ha ha ha… the Moose said... blah blah blah…

3-1

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Time for Jahanbakhsh to come into the team. Bong and March are too low quality, get Bernardo and Alireza into the team and let's see why we spent the money.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's Friday, I've had a hard week at work and I'm just going to enjoy this for what it is. West Ham are our bunnies. We battered them twice last season. I'm not expecting a repeat but all those saying we've got no chance need to bear that in mind

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I just want to see us go on the front foot from the beginning and take the game to West Ham. I just about get why we showed Spurs so much respect but at home we have to use that first half to do as much damage as we can.

To be fair we were fairly high tempo in the first 25 mins or so against Fulham so I can't see why tonight would be any different. It's one of our "winnable" games, if such a thing exists.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tenor (13).gif

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that there will or should be any changes with the starting XI unless Stephens is fit and he will come back in . If not possibly same team as against City but Murray back for Locadia and possibly Andone on the bench.

The change I would like to see is in our approach and mindset so that rather than we go out fearing West Ham we are at home so they fear us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here