Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
In Bridge car park....we defended so well. West Ham are a very good side....they will turn over many a side.....hopefully the bottom three. Bong played very well so did Kayal. Ali was impressive and Izzy looked very sharp. Really everyone played well. Only real concern was Ryans kicking. Three goal kick straight out of play in the space of 20 minutes which kept us under the cosh. Pretty good game all round though. Massive 3 points.

Surely that was intentional, as a way of relieving pressure?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Kayak was excellent. Jahanbakash looked good & izquierdo was a welcome return. Things are rosie

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Surely that was intentional, as a way of relieving pressure?

No he was aiming for Murrays head.....who was always near the touchline, but his kick were well over his head and into touch. Apart from that he was OK.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kayak was excellent. Jahanbakash looked good & izquierdo was a welcome return. Things are rosie

He floated superbly it was a canoe of a performance

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No he was aiming for Murrays head.....who was always near the touchline, but his kick were well over his head and into touch. Apart from that he was OK.

Initially I thought it was poor kicking, but as it kept on happening I assumed it was intentional. Maybe not 100% intending to kick it into touch but definitely in that area. Either Murray wins a knock on header or it goes out for a throw in, possibly to us, better than them having it in the centre?

Initially I thought it was poor kicking, but as it kept on happening I assumed it was intentional. Maybe not 100% intending to kick it into touch but definitely in that area. Either Murray wins a knock on header or it goes out for a throw in, possibly to us, better than them having it in the centre?

he was like that when he first arrived - in one game last year he had about 8 kick outs and 6 went straight out of play....

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am as pleased as anybody with win but thought apart from not scoring WH were outstanding and were robbed

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am as pleased as anybody with win but thought apart from not scoring WH were outstanding and were robbed

West Ham spent £100m on a load of internationals in the summer, to add to other internationals already in their squad, plus they recruited a top manager. It was inevitable that they were going to dominate spells in the game and create half chances or better.

But they failed in the final third, didn't work as hard as the Albion team and paid the price. Brighton were decent in their counter attacking.

I've seen football travesties, but this wasn't one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Wrong. We were the better side in the first half and held on well in the second. They didn't score because we defended brilliantly and, when we didn't, their finishing was woeful. Ryan didn't have a proper save to make all game.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Still find it staggering the amount of People leaving with 5, even 10 minutes to go. I know everyone can do what they like, but I couldn’t take my eyes off that game for a second. :shrug:

Everyone can do what they like.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

I have no idea how they could be termed anything near outstanding , they were piss poor in front of goal , poor at winning second balls , and were caught time and again on the ball , we roughed them up they couldn't handle it , they were very good at passing it to each other in midfield though , mainly due to us having ten men in and around the 18 yard area .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wrong. We were the better side in the first half and held on well in the second. They didn't score because we defended brilliantly and, when we didn't, their finishing was woeful. Ryan didn't have a proper save to make all game.

True. Ryan collected quite a few shots, but he didn't have to save a goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
True. Ryan collected quite a few shots, but he didn't have to save a goal.

We restricted them to either shooting straight at him or we took the sting out of it. The exceptions were the two free kicks and the chance Arnautovic had from 6 yards out, all of which they put over. Normally Matty will make at least one stunning reflex save per match and is often rightly considered when it comes to MotM. Not today.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Miss of the night ..(apols a bit blurry)

DSCF2949.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here