Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Two finger salute

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It has occurred to me that on my most recent trips to the UK I never saw any oiky schoolboys giving anyone the good old fashioned two finger salute. Has it gone out of fashion?

tumblr_lmqwv58x3i1qlrkxdo1_500.jpg

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Always best accompanied by a raspberry!

I'm not sure whether kids today are aware of the historical context of the traditional two-fingered salute. The single digit is much more prevalent these days, probably because of American film and TV, but I know nothing of its history at all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I still flick the v's now and again but I think you'e right the middle finger has the edge these days.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Who can forget this tit doing this ?

Ct_g09DW8AA9Lva.jpg

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Probably see plenty of this on Friday night from those cheeky cockney rascals; that and the slit throat and the "come outside then" gestures like last season when we had the cheek to score against them...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Always do a two handed two finger salutes towards the away fans if we score a goal, especially if they have been loud. Can't help myself, it's just an automatic reaction. Always brings a chuckle from the people behind me in WSU.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Kids just go straight for a knife and stab you knowing the law will do little or nothing to stop them. It’s why there were less than 100 moped crimes in London, five years ago; and this year it’s 25,000+

Youth today are far less respectful and fearful. Fortunately they still know it all...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I had a middle-aged woman salute me in this way about a year ago.

It was fukken ace. I smiled all the way home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
friday.jpg

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Always best accompanied by a raspberry!

I'm not sure whether kids today are aware of the historical context of the traditional two-fingered salute. The single digit is much more prevalent these days, probably because of American film and TV, but I know nothing of its history at all.

Hhmm, I wonder, for me modern kids are more likely to use the w@nker handshake then the single digit salute - and no, I doubt they know or care about the historical connotation of any of the gestures!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Always do a two handed two finger salutes towards the away fans if we score a goal, especially if they have been loud. Can't help myself, it's just an automatic reaction. Always brings a chuckle from the people behind me in WSU.

Oh I wonder if you are who I think you are? If you are we call you "Mr Angry" and have a right laugh at your shouting and swearing at the away fans from 150 meters away. Have you got a bald patch on the back of your head?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here