Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham Game: Season Ticket Exchange - Update - 400+ tickets available

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Looks like my ticket has been snapped up on Ticket Exchange - how long does it normally take for the club to confirm on email, and to get the money?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looks like my ticket has been snapped up on Ticket Exchange - how long does it normally take for the club to confirm on email, and to get the money?

I think its about a week to get the money. Can't remember if you get an email when it sells.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thats good I just walked away from the ticket office and a fella freshly arrived in from Detroit was asking me if they had any tickets left. I told him it was sold out but if he waits some fan should put one up for sale. He was more excited than me about tonight's game which is saying something. Said he gets to watch two premiership games a week in the US so we are quite new to him.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Thats good I just walked away from the ticket office and a fella freshly arrived in from Detroit was asking me if they had any tickets left. I told him it was sold out but if he waits some fan should put one up for sale. He was more excited than me about tonight's game which is saying something. Said he gets to watch two premiership games a week in the US so we are quite new to him.

Well if they get my seat I hope they won't expect to actually sit :lolol:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It not difficult for club to know what games are 100% certain to sell out. In these cases just open ticket exchange much earlier even if it is before all club tickets are sold

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It not difficult for club to know what games are 100% certain to sell out. In these cases just open ticket exchange much earlier even if it is before all club tickets are sold
Crazy talk. Do you not appreciate that there are highly paid professionals in charge of all this?

There is obviously a very good reason why the ticket exchange should not be opened too soon and why, once it is open, the game should continue to be marketed as if it is "SOLD OUT" when actually there are 500 tickets for empty seats waiting to be sold...

Flippancy aside, I suspect that Barber and his professionals do actually have a "business" rationale behind choosing not to promote these available tickets properly. It is probably more important to them (and the wider Premier League) that games at The Amex are perceived as being "100% SOLD OUT...!!!" in the interests of their marketing to advertisers and sponsors.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Crazy talk. Do you not appreciate that there are highly paid professionals in charge of all this?

There is obviously a very good reason why the ticket exchange should not be opened too soon and why, once it is open, the game should continue to be marketed as if it is "SOLD OUT" when actually there are 500 tickets for empty seats waiting to be sold...

Flippancy aside, I suspect that Barber and his professionals do actually have a "business" rationale behind choosing not to promote these available tickets properly. It is probably more important to them (and the wider Premier League) that games at The Amex are perceived as being "100% SOLD OUT...!!!" in the interests of their marketing to advertisers and sponsors.

I fear you are correct. Although the East Stand perimeter advertising, visible to the cameras, must be the key cash driver.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I meant to post about this on Friday.

I spoke to Paul Barber about the lack of publicity on the West Ham tickets, and it was intentional. The club had a significant problem with West Ham fans buying up home end tickets which then had to be identified and blocked. As such, the tickets were only on sale to those with a previous transaction with the club which I guess was likely to suppress demand a bit.

Despite this, I'm told over 300 tickets were re-sold via the exchange, which is only slightly below average.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

I spoke to Paul Barber about the lack of publicity on the West Ham tickets, and it was intentional. The club had a significant problem with West Ham fans buying up home end tickets which then had to be identified and blocked. As such, the tickets were only on sale to those with a previous transaction with the club which I guess was likely to suppress demand a bit.

Despite this, I'm told over 300 tickets were re-sold via the exchange, which is only slightly below average.

That makes sense. Good to see the Club being proactive in keeping away fans out of home areas. Did anyone witness any on Friday, and did the stewards do anything about it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Fair enough. Can't argue with that really given what tossers they appeared to be. Hopefully won't be repeated for Wolves then, unless they have an element I don't know about.

That said, presumably if you restrict to members only purchase it shouldn't be a problem and could still be promoted?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That makes sense. Good to see the Club being proactive in keeping away fans out of home areas. Did anyone witness any on Friday, and did the stewards do anything about it?

My friend was in the SW Corner on Friday and said it seemed like everyone around him was actually a West Ham fan! Don't think he cared enough to do anything as they were all miserable at losing anyway and he was enjoying seeing them pissed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here