Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham Game: Season Ticket Exchange - Update - 400+ tickets available

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Will the season ticket exchange crank into life in the next couple of days?

I need to get another 3 tickets for the game and the current slim pickings on offer won’t do.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I need to use that for the wolves game..as we are away ..I assume it is still working?

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Looks like it’s gone live and I’ve just bagged 3 seats near mine in WSU. Good times!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like it’s gone live and I’ve just bagged 3 seats near mine in WSU. Good times!

Good news. People can put their tickets up at any time.....the club will only release then when the game has virtually sold out though.....looks like there are around 200 seats available for WHU at the moment so hopefully more people are now using it (meaning fewer empty seats)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
451 seats available on the website now.

Presumably Barber didn't activate the Exchange until he'd got close to selling out so that means quite a lot of people have put their tickets on for sale.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

Presumably Barber didn't activate the Exchange until he'd got close to selling out so that means quite a lot of people have put their tickets on for sale.

Daughter not going so put her and my wife's seats at the back of the North Stand on there yesterday, was surprised to see that with less than five seats available for the whole stadium the ticket exchange had not been activated. Surely it should kick in with less than 100 or something as the club are far more likely to sell the exchange tickets in better seats than front row down in the corner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Daughter not going so put her and my wife's seats at the back of the North Stand on there yesterday, was surprised to see that with less than five seats available for the whole stadium the ticket exchange had not been activated. Surely it should kick in with less than 100 or something as the club are far more likely to sell the exchange tickets in better seats than front row down in the corner.

If you're an occasional fan and looked yesterday and saw little/no availability for pairs of tickets, you're very unlikely to come back and look again as you'd quite reasonably believe it was (all but) sold out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As a friends daughter is no longer going I think my daughter will probably not fancy it now - but I need to discuss when she's back from school. Does the ticket exchange close at certain point prior to the game?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
If you're an occasional fan and looked yesterday and saw little/no availability for pairs of tickets, you're very unlikely to come back and look again as you'd quite reasonably believe it was (all but) sold out.

Yep exactly. Seems an odd policy. Given pretty much every game is selling out now, so the ticket exchange is inevitable it would make sense to kick it in on a Monday before the weekend game if only 100/200 left.

I get the club make less money on ticket exchange seats, but I suspect they would sell more and make up the difference and more importantly have more people actual in the seats which surely is the point.

I still recall how much Huddersfield made of their season ticket exchange with announcements before the match, half time and after the match about making sure your seat doesn't go to waste etc. They really pushed it whereas as good as the new system is it does seem like a bit of an inconvenience to the club. Don't think they've ever mentioned it at a game. Pretty sure they never announce it on twitter or instagram which would seem obvious, unless I've lost it in amongst the others?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I would imagine it's Jenny Gower who makes that decision, as she is Head of Ticketing & Supporter Services.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Friend I sit with in North stand will be submitting his to the exchange at some point today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

So the only tweet they have sent out says it's sold out. In the actual article it mentions the ticket exchange, but your casual fan will just see sold out and not even look and see the 400+ seats available. Odd approach.

Attachments

• sold out.jpg
    sold out.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 326

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So the only tweet they have sent out says it's sold out. In the actual article it mentions the ticket exchange, but your casual fan will just see sold out and not even look and see the 400+ seats available. Odd approach.

There is enough tweet characters left to add; ...so check the ticket exchange!

Agree with you, got to push the exchange especially on a Friday night televised game when ST holders may give it a swerve, although at present even though the exchange is open, no tickets available...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Possibly a stupid question, but I need to buy a couple of tickets for the Frau and a friend in the near future. I see current ST holders an buy “season ticket holder guest” tickets. How does this work? Will the tickets be assigned to my FAN number? Or will I need to register the guests details somewhere, or sign them up to something?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here