Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Calderwood come back

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I said exactly that when CC walked out, but was told in no uncertain terms by a NSC football expert that he left purely to be with his family.

In reality he backed the wrong horse.

:lolol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Good luck in the jobs market Colin

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be fair to the guy he went there for family reasons. I quite understand that. Unfortunately footie has bitten him on the bum.

A bit of a surprise move never the less, especially bearing in mind he had worked with Chris Hughton before, seemed to be enjoying life on the south coast, and was part of a successful managerial/coaching set up that only just very narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League.

He liveslived in Northamptonshire as l understand it, would commuting down to Brighton or relocating been that much of a hbardship? As you say though l'm sure he had his reasons, and hope he gets back into the game very soon.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Good luck to him in the future.

angif-make-your-own-bed-def.JPG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He rocked the boat in a promotion challenge. He can eff right off.

Not often that you see an angry CH, the manner of Calderwood’s departure seemed to make CH seriously pissed off.

No chance of a return and it doesn’t seem we have missed him at all either

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
A bit of a surprise move never the less, especially bearing in mind he had worked with Chris Hughton before, seemed to be enjoying life on the south coast, and was part of a successful managerial/coaching set up that only just very narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League.

He liveslived in Northamptonshire as l understand it, would commuting down to Brighton or relocating been that much of a hbardship? As you say though l'm sure he had his reasons, and hope he gets back into the game very soon.

Northampton Town just sacked Dean Austin.....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No chance of a return. Was a good coach and assistant from what I hear but made that crazy choice. We got another good replacement in and just like with most ex-players when mentioned, the club has gone up and is still moving forward, whilst they appear to be moving the opposite way at the time of discussion.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Oh, God not another one.:facepalm:

No he won't be coming back. Nor, for various reasons, will Nathan Jones, Jeff Minton or David Bellotti. We moved on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No he won't be coming back. Nor, for various reasons, will Nathan Jones, Jeff Minton or David Bellotti. We moved on.

But .... football is coming hom though, isn't it?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

I can see Nathan Jones making a return in some capacity in the future.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

I suspect the lovely David would try if it wasn’t for the fact he’s 15ft under - he was the standard 6ft under originally but I wasn’t convinced that would work, so added a bit more top soil.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here