Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Japan's win over the Springboks at the Amex to be made into a film

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Easily forgotten that it was one of the greatest sporting upsets in history.

In front of a full crowd at the AMEX.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Fantastic match that was, just bloody wish I was there to see it. Amazing just seeing stunned faces in the crowd a few people crying as well.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Fantastic match that was, just bloody wish I was there to see it. Amazing just seeing stunned faces in the crowd a few people crying as well.

Never forget that - I was lucky enough to be in the crowd that day. It was only afterwards though that I really began to appreciate what a big deal it was in terms of sporting history.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bloody amazing day at the Amex, total humiliation for the Boks

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
There's some events where I think it's impossible for film makers to make it any more dramatic than the original moment, and this is one of them. Still, I shall watch with interest!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Never forget that - I was lucky enough to be in the crowd that day. It was only afterwards though that I really began to appreciate what a big deal it was in terms of sporting history.

They'll do well to create the pan shot of the West Stand Lower (South End) at full time because when I turned round there were 3-4000 Japanese fans ALL in tears. People will think that's fiction but it was absolutely true. Up there with the greatest sporting moments. Cameras will have to roll at the Amex - no substitutions allowed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I spent much of the lunchtime at the beach fanzone that day watching (I think) an Ireland game beforehand, there were loads of japanese and springbok fans there prior to getting bused up to the Amex for the game. I ended up watching it in the Font & Firkin, and WHAT a game that was.

The bravery of the Japanese team, having the Springboks pegged back under the north stand posts in the final play, the final seconds of the match, yet refusing to kick for goal and steal a draw, instead plugging away manfully before FINALLY getting over the line for a try and victory (sorry for the spoiler). I'm not even much of a rugby fan, but that was as thrilling a climax to a sporting event as I've seen. Everyone in the bar was absolutely WILLING them over that line.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They better not miss out the elderly Japanese fella who was a FKW, including gumshield. :bowdown:

LEGEND.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I always thought our war years, would make a great film, in the style of Brassed off.
Plucky bunch of dedicated supporters of a, let’s face it,pretty crap lower league unfashionable football team, take on flint hearted,Northern, money grabbing millionaire and his performing monkey.

It would have them weeping in the aisles.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I always thought our war years, would make a great film, in the style of Brassed off.
Plucky bunch of dedicated supporters of a, let’s face it,pretty crap lower league unfashionable football team, take on flint hearted,Northern, money grabbing millionaire and his performing monkey.

It would have them weeping in the aisles.

The name's Knight. DICK Knight

images

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In the scene featuring Japan's press reception in the music room of the Royal Pavilion where Eddie Jones is interviewed for the Rugby World Cup website by someone who doesn't know the first thing about rugby, that will be me that Brad Pitt is playing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here