Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you refer to Brighton & Hove Albion when out and about in Sussex?

How do you refer to Brighton and Hove Albion when out and about in Sussex?

• The Seagulls

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • The Albion/Albion

Votes: 99 66.9%
  • BHA

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Brighton

Votes: 42 28.4%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Dophins, but that wasn't an option.

Interesting that Seagulls isn't used. These days I think of naff BBC/ITV regional sports reporters from Southampton (with no genuine interest in this part of the world, using the phrase "Let's see how the Seagulls got on at the weekend".

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Brighton.
Most people here are barely aware of the city, never mind the club. Even more surprising, not many realise we are in the PL

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
depending on who I'm speaking too:

we or us (usually)
The Albion
Brighton
The Seagulls (rarely)

BHA when writing fixtures in my diary

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Dophins, but that wasn't an option.

Interesting that Seagulls isn't used. These days I think of naff BBC/ITV regional sports reporters from Southampton (with no genuine interest in this part of the world, using the phrase "Let's see how the Seagulls got on at the weekend".

Yeah. I have never heard anyone say something like "Going to see the Seagulls at the weekend?". Compare that with say Wolverhampton Wanderers where absolutely nobody in Wolverhampton ever refers to them as anything except 'Wolves'.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Albion is the only correct answer.

Known just as The Albion from day one, although I have heard it called "that lot over in Hove"

Albion v Shoreham.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yeah. I have never heard anyone say something like "Going to see the Seagulls at the weekend?". Compare that with say Wolverhampton Wanderers where absolutely nobody in Wolverhampton ever refers to them as anything except 'Wolves'.

Agreed, I'd never dream of calling them Seagulls to my old man or mates but my kids are only 2 and 4 and love it and always talk about The Seagulls so I'll do anything that helps me keep them out of the clutches of all the Southampton fans around me!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To everyone but my kids, always Albion/The Albion.

To my kids, always The Seagulls.

That's a bit weird. Why would you indoctrinate your kids with a BHAFC name different to what you grown-ups use? And at what age do you start weaning them off the dud name and into the proper name? Also, you need to nip that 'Albion' thing in the bud. It's The Albion. Honestly, there's little hope for some people. Really despair sometimes :rolleyes:

And... RELAX :smokin:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That's a bit weird. Why would you indoctrinate your kids with a BHAFC name different to what you grown-ups use? And at what age do you start weaning them off the dud name and into the proper name? Also, you need to nip that 'Albion' thing in the bud. It's The Albion. Honestly, there's little hope for some people. Really despair sometimes :rolleyes:

And... RELAX :smokin:

:lolol: see above, they're 2 and 4 and love anything animal related so if it helps get them in to football and The Albion then that's fine by me! England were also The Three Lions in the summer!

And I'm well aware it's The Albion, I was just quoting the poll option! Is that better now?! :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:lolol: see above, they're 2 and 4 and love anything animal related so if it helps get them in to football and The Albion then that's fine by me! England were also The Three Lions in the summer!

And I'm well aware it's The Albion, I was just quoting the poll option! Is that better now?! :lolol:

I feel better now I've had my Snickers :thumbsup:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The only person(well, Brighton fan) I've ever heard refer to us as the Seagulls is my nan.

The only time I've ever used seagulls in connection with us is when we win a corner. Not sure that happens anymore(singing seagulls not getting corners).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here