Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Finally - grass on the pitch

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I have been watching the Spurs ground development almost as keenly as our very own lobster cam back in the day. All the talk of safety fears were nonsense as it just isn't ready....by a log way.

However the grass is being laid as we speak http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact

They are rivals and I do hate them but I also do love a building project.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
A photo for those too lazy

image.jpg

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I could have edited my first post but this way I get my count up.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Thought it was about your Mrs after a good waxing

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
A complete lack of any imagery/wording/sponsorship on the seats makes it look a bit dull at first glance.

Possible that I have been influenced too much by 'modern' football or I am clutching at straws to find a reason not to like a stadium that isn't ours

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has to be said, for all it's problems, it looks a fantastic ground.
Presumably it is by far the "best" ground in the UK and one of the best in the world. If it could be filled with proper, noisy, Tottenham fans then it would be unbelievable in there. The obvious danger is it will actually have an atmosphere like The Emirates.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A complete lack of any imagery/wording/sponsorship on the seats makes it look a bit dull at first glance.

Possible that I have been influenced too much by 'modern' football or I am clutching at straws to find a reason not to like a stadium that isn't ours

No you are quite right, it looks impressive but it lacks something that says "Totteningham". Like them or loathe them the white seagull seats mean you immediately know you are looking at our stadium (I wonder if Palace have remembered to remove the white seats from their west stand tribute?)

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Im guessing that due to the NFL games they have not been able to put any permanent sponsors logos or reference to the soccer squad on seats as it will infringe rights for the other income stream. everything will be electronic to allow for the change over.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It may be a combination of the photography and the weather but god it looks a gloomy place!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought pitches were grown with something to bind the turf together, rather than laid these days... will Spurs pitch be reminiscent of the 'new Wembley' pitch before they got it sorted? I have visions of chunks of turf coming up every time there is a slide tackle.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Bowl. Again.

Yes it's a bowl ... but imo it looks great, that single tier stand behind the goal looks amazing.

Also, is it me or are the rake of the stands incredibly steep? Something to do with the size of the plot of land they had perhaps? Looks like it could be a fantastic ground for football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it looks great, and it's also worth remembering having this stadium will only enhance English chances of hosting future tournaments AND - for those that like the sport - providing a home to an NFL franchise.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I thought pitches were grown with something to bind the turf together, rather than laid these days... will Spurs pitch be reminiscent of the 'new Wembley' pitch before they got it sorted? I have visions of chunks of turf coming up every time there is a slide tackle.

I’d guess that the original plan was to seed the pitch earlier in the summer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here