Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Would you sue over Ryder Cup-style accident?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You say that, but you can’t be watching everywhere. There are a lot of spots where you could be stood on a course, where you could potentially be struck from players on more than just one hole.

Agree but I don't think this was the case here - she was on the edge of the crowed watching that particular group......

Saw a woman hit in the face at Hove a couple of years ago - players were warming up (before a T20), she was sat right by the advertising boards with others having a picnic and not watching what was going on in front of her at all. Stray ball bounced over the boards and caught her square in the mouth and I suspect resulted in some expensive dental work................

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Pah, avoiding a ball...?

j2MzvSN.gif

zMDZGoi.gif

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My interest and love of golf started as a boy caddie at the West Sussex golf club in the late '50's. I maybe a bit thick but I don't understand your comment about golf losing its integrity???? And where that fits in concerning the injury and liability.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Moral compass, crazy money etc etc

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Did you see where Patrick Reed was hitting his ball on Saturday the caterers and bar staff were at risk more than those on the course.
It's usually the food and drink that's in danger from him rather than the staff.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bah, what's one eye? I prefer the mythical story of Mathieu Boya who supposedly wiped out the entire Benin Air Force with one shot. Story goes that in 1987 his shot hit a seagull, which fell out of the sky into the open cockpit of a taxiing plane, disorienting the pilot, causing the plane to crash into the other four planes they owned, lined up on the tarmac.

Denying the story, Beninese diplomat Cormeille Mehissou stated "nothing like that ever happened." Benin has military planes, he said, it's just that they're all broken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here