Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chappers resigns

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Following last night's 8-0 gubbing at Bognor, Ian offered his resignation as Burgess Hill manager. Chairman Kevin Newell is considering it but Simon Wormull and John Rattle will be in charge for Saturday's match at Bishop Stortford prior to a final decision being made regarding Chappers.

Shame, in view of the great things Chappers has done for Hill but it's been coming for a while now. Stayed up by default for the last 2 seasons and firmly rooted to the bottom without a win (or home point) this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Following last night's 8-0 gubbing at Bognor, Ian offered his resignation as Burgess Hill manager. Chairman Kevin Newell is considering it but Simon Wormull and John Rattle will be in charge for Saturday's match at Bishop Stortford prior to a final decision being made regarding Chappers.

Shame, in view of the great things Chappers has done for Hill but it's been coming for a while now. Stayed up by default for the last 2 seasons and firmly rooted to the bottom without a win (or home point) this.

Agreed.....has been a struggle so not a great surprise.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm always interested in this stuff. It's good to see what the old boys are up to. Darren Freeman seems to be doing OK at Lewes. Isn't Johnny Crumplin in management locally too?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Indeed, both Darren at lewes, and Adam Hinshelwood at Worthing are both making a good fist out of managing local non league teams. John Crumplin managed several local clubs at Sussex County League level some year s ago, but isn't currently involved in football as far as l'm aware.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Indeed, both Darren at lewes, and Adam Hinshelwood at Worthing are both making a good fist out of managing local non league teams. John Crumplin managed several local clubs at Sussex County League level some year s ago, but isn't currently involved in football as far as l'm aware.

Not sure he ever was apart from that one game.

Still can't argue with a football genius...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought the problem at Burgess Hill was ££££s (or the lack of) rather than Chappers?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Anyone know what Johnny crumplin is up to now? Considering how much of a character he was,he’s been rather forgotten

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
For small town clubs to become big time Charlies it takes more than a good coach and a lot of volunteers, it takes money. Oh for the days of amateur football when people administered and played as a hobby.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone know what Johnny crumplin is up to now? Considering how much of a character he was,he’s been rather forgotten

The last I heard of him was Spencer Vignes' "The Marmite Men" feature in the programme against Ipswich on October 2 2012. He had resigned as manager at Walton & Hersham in September 2010 as he couldn't find the time to combine that with his own building business and being a husband and father. As of the date of the feature, he was 45 and living in Surrey:-

Crumplin.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'm always interested in this stuff. It's good to see what the old boys are up to. Darren Freeman seems to be doing OK at Lewes. Isn't Johnny Crumplin in management locally too?

And to add to the old boys and tie in the original post, Gary Hart is now a coach at Bishop Stortford. I assume he's involved with the men's first team as he's a paid coach there but he's also helping out my mate, who manages the girls' under 10s, as Gary's step daughter plays.

Amusing thing was my mate messaged me for a reference.

"There's a bloke who wants to coach with me who says he's a pro and he played for Brighton. Have you heard of him?"
"What's his name?"
"Gary Hart"
"Yeah he's ok" (Hysterical laughter)

I've since filled him in on the set of tracksuits and Harty's playing style.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought this was about Manures greatest fan, Chappers from the BBC.
Perhaps Mourinho may follow suit!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For small town clubs to become big time Charlies it takes more than a good coach and a lot of volunteers, it takes money. Oh for the days of amateur football when people administered and played as a hobby.

Las t year he was working in a bar in Fuengirola Spain having sold his bar and his wife was running her own business making celebration cakes for mainly ex pats.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
And to add to the old boys and tie in the original post, Gary Hart is now a coach at Bishop Stortford. I assume he's involved with the men's first team as he's a paid coach there but he's also helping out my mate, who manages the girls' under 10s, as Gary's step daughter plays.

Amusing thing was my mate messaged me for a reference.

"There's a bloke who wants to coach with me who says he's a pro and he played for Brighton. Have you heard of him?"
"What's his name?"
"Gary Hart"
"Yeah he's ok" (Hysterical laughter)

I've since filled him in on the set of tracksuits and Harty's playing style.

Ooh a really inappropriate opportunity to show support for the coach of said team from the touchline with a song! Wonder if you can get his attention

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Does he still go to the Amex? He used to turn up with his daughter in the lower west when he could but not seen him in ages.
This was while he was Burgess Hill manager.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here