Votes: 134 50.8%
  • No real opinion

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
For the tackle in the Germany game, seemed fair enough.

I think he's a dangerous Tom Cruise.

maverick-web-590x340.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've actually changed my opinion on Boris. I used to believe the hype that his bumbling, oafish exterior was just a sham and he used it to hide a fierce intelligence and a formidable intellect. Now I think that, sadly, his bumbling oafish exterior is pretty much him and at best it just hides the fact that he's a thick twunt.

Granted he's a savvy and cunning politician - but that's not the same thing as being intelligent.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A knob of the highest order, a chancer, a selfish opportunist with an inability to keep his trousers up.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He’s fallen out of favour with the right wing Brexit gang because of his weak standpoint. Darth Mogg has taken his place in their hearts now . Both awful and both appeal to the easily fooled with no idea about politics.

As for your poll, you have missed the only suitable option: Dangerous, power driven psychopath.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
liked him as London Mayor,

I don't get what was so great about his time as mayor. He spent millions on water cannons that could never be used. He spent £40m on a bridge that was never built. He introduced a new set of Routemasters that cost £50k more than other buses.

Thanks to his negotiating skills, West Ham were gifted the London stadium at a knockdown rate, something that costs taxpayers £2m a year (and rising). The sponsorship deal for the bike hire scheme was also criticised for being far too low.

Above all, he did nothing to improve London's congestion (in fact, he reduced the size of the congestion charge area) and, under his watch, London has recorded dangerous levels of air pollution.

I have little time for Ken Livingstone but he, at least, delivered the congestion charge and set in place the bike hire scheme (that Johnson cocked up). Johnson's spell as mayor seemed to be a study in failure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Self serving faux buffoon

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So, how come, given the almost astonishingly identical reaction to him from NSC, he thinks he can run the country? I don’t think any differently to any of you, yet clearly he thinks he’s got a chance of making PM. The game plan must be to topple May and lead the country without a general election- and that makes him a selfish power-grabbing arse who cares only for his own career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I've actually changed my opinion on Boris. I used to believe the hype that his bumbling, oafish exterior was just a sham and he used it to hide a fierce intelligence and a formidable intellect. Now I think that, sadly, his bumbling oafish exterior is pretty much him and at best it just hides the fact that he's a thick twunt.

Granted he's a savvy and cunning politician - but that's not the same thing as being intelligent.

That's the only bit I don't agree with, he's extremely cunning but not savvy, IMO.

So, how come, given the almost astonishingly identical reaction to him from NSC, he thinks he can run the country? I don’t think any differently to any of you, yet clearly he thinks he’s got a chance of making PM. The game plan must be to topple May and lead the country without a general election- and that makes him a selfish power-grabbing arse who cares only for his own career.

And that's why I don't think he's savvy - He believed his own hype and I don't think he really understands is own perception anymore.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He caused the deaths of thousands of women by cutting women’s services in London and as for his “design the homeless out of London” policy, the man is a very nasty piece of work. Adulterous **** to boot.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Harmless buffoon?
Dangerous maverick?
Very gifted politician?
Twunt?

I believe he is all of things, often all at the same time. Also, no matter what you think of the message, he is one of the all time greats when it comes to writing and delivering a speech. He is Box Office in a way that other senior politicians - both Tory and Labour - could only dream of.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolute clown.

The clown persona is very much manufactured and nourished by the man himself. It does not tell the whole story.

Underneath the make-up, baggy trousers and wig is one hell of a horrid and nasty ****. A vile self centred & self entitled scumbag who will vote for anything and say anything as long as it gets him attention or more importantly, increased power.

The mask slips quite regularly now revealing the putrid and rotten soul of a thoroughly detestable individual.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The reason I started this thread, was, I keep seeing in the media how popular Johnson is with the man on the street, but, perhaps I talk to the wrong people, hardly anyone I speak to likes him, or even rates him as a serious politician. Some find him amusing, and some like his personality, but they appear to be very few and far between.
I was curious what NSC made of him.
(I voted Twunt,btw)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The clown persona is very much manufactured and nourished by the man himself. It does not tell the whole story.

Underneath the make-up, baggy trousers and wig is one hell of a horrid and nasty ****. A vile self centred & self entitled scumbag who will vote for anything and say anything as long as it gets him attention or more importantly, increased power.

The mask slips quite regularly now revealing the putrid and rotten soul of a thoroughly detestable individual.

I was being polite :cool:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ardent supporter of EU membership until his best opportunity lay elsewhere.

All we need to know really.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Agree with all of that. He's one of those people with no redeeming features whatsoever.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is a very popular public figure, mainly because he is super professional and is willing to do daft things in front of a camera as he understands it increases his popularity. Although I wouldn't take him seriously and would be concerned if I lived in his constituency.

He believes that he would make a good PM but he is banking on the idea that he isn't as dull as the competition and if Trump can get supporters then he has a chance. Make bold statements that challenge those at the top and hope that the public love it...

Most with a political understanding think he is a bumbling idiot. The biggest concern is in 2015 the election was contested by Cameron, Clegg & Milliband and all 3 of those would be a massive improvement on the dross we currently have

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't get what was so great about his time as mayor. He spent millions on water cannons that could never be used. He spent £40m on a bridge that was never built. He introduced a new set of Routemasters that cost £50k more than other buses.

Thanks to his negotiating skills, West Ham were gifted the London stadium at a knockdown rate, something that costs taxpayers £2m a year (and rising). The sponsorship deal for the bike hire scheme was also criticised for being far too low.

Above all, he did nothing to improve London's congestion (in fact, he reduced the size of the congestion charge area) and, under his watch, London has recorded dangerous levels of air pollution.

I have little time for Ken Livingstone but he, at least, delivered the congestion charge and set in place the bike hire scheme (that Johnson cocked up). Johnson's spell as mayor seemed to be a study in failure.

Not forgetting closing down seven fire stations across London.

He is dangerous, and will say anything to suit his ambitions. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Johnson appears to divide opinion, a real Marmite figure.
So, whats your opinion of him?

Not much division of opinion on NSC......or, now, I suspect in the country. If he bullies his way into Mrs May's job (unlikely - conservatives are not, on the whole, electorally-suicidal morons, forgiving of treachrous back-stabbing dilettantes who'd shag your missus soon as look at you), he will open the door to a Corbyn government.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here