• Twunt

Votes: 134 50.8%
  • No real opinion

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Underneath the make-up, baggy trousers and wig is one hell of a horrid and nasty ****. A vile self centred & self entitled scumbag who will vote for anything and say anything as long as it gets him attention or more importantly, increased power.

and yet summer 2016 when he had a shot at leader, he bailed at the first road hump. people give him far too much credit.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
As somebody said recently, he will find which way the people are going, and then run in front of them declaring..FOLLOW ME!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As somebody said recently, he will find which way the people are going, and then run in front of them declaring..FOLLOW ME!

A pity that, the crowd didn't run over him, when he said he'd lay down in front of aircraft at LHR, for the propsed new runway!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harmless buffoon?
Dangerous maverick?
Very gifted politician?
Twunt?

I believe he is all of things, often all at the same time. Also, no matter what you think of the message, he is one of the all time greats when it comes to writing and delivering a speech. He is Box Office in a way that other senior politicians - both Tory and Labour - could only dream of.

As was red Ken Leninspart, until he went a bit too far with his Jew-baiting. If only the tories had the courage to expel Boris for his "piccaninny" comments, like labour did when Ken claimed Hitler was a Zionist.

Oh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The reason I started this thread, was, I keep seeing in the media how popular Johnson is with the man on the street, but, perhaps I talk to the wrong people, hardly anyone I speak to likes him, or even rates him as a serious politician. Some find him amusing, and some like his personality, but they appear to be very few and far between.
I was curious what NSC made of him.
(I voted Twunt,btw)

I have a new project manager at work who seems an ambitious, capitalist sort, certainly not a Corbyn supporter. Yet within five minutes of meeting her she’d said to me “I’m from Hillingdon but I didn’t vote for Boris”.

Much like Trump he probably repulses the vast majority of those he meets, especially females. Yet Trump is President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I quite like some of his books, but he's not a very good politician as his popularity, especially during and since his second term as Mayor of London, has not been exactly on the up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't get what was so great about his time as mayor. He spent millions on water cannons that could never be used. He spent £40m on a bridge that was never built. He introduced a new set of Routemasters that cost £50k more than other buses.

Thanks to his negotiating skills, West Ham were gifted the London stadium at a knockdown rate, something that costs taxpayers £2m a year (and rising). The sponsorship deal for the bike hire scheme was also criticised for being far too low.

Above all, he did nothing to improve London's congestion (in fact, he reduced the size of the congestion charge area) and, under his watch, London has recorded dangerous levels of air pollution.

I have little time for Ken Livingstone but he, at least, delivered the congestion charge and set in place the bike hire scheme (that Johnson cocked up). Johnson's spell as mayor seemed to be a study in failure.
Saved me the job. The bridge nobody wanted 40m pissed up the wall and he was right in the centre of it.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He represents everything that's wrong with politicans. No personal convictions on anything, just waiting for opportunity. He's not as bright or politically savvy as he thinks he is, so thankfully, i'm confident he'll soon be consigned to the history books

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I could listen to Tony Benn for hours.
Not that I agreed with everything he said but boy was he a very interesting politician.

I bumped into him at a parliamentary science day a few years ago. He was surrounded by a gaggle of adoring young women. Loved the way he belittled the pompous Dawkins in defence of Christmas (cracking time for family gathrings, harmless fun for athists, etc). Dawkins was mortified. But I won't forgive Benn for forcing through the electoral college system that, with minor changes, allowed Corbyn in. A vain man. I prefer his son.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It pains me to say that I'd vote for him, if the choice was him or Corbyn. That's the equivalent of being told to choose between becoming a season ticket holder for Palace or Pompey. The state of British politics is quite frightening.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With Mogg as education secretary.

I think you’ll find that’s going to be Timmy.

Mogg’s going to start a brand new Ministry for Victorian Values where rich people have to hire nannies to perambulate young Edward and Persephone, poor people get cholera and foreigners get shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I like him

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I voted dangerous maverick, but he's also a twunt.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here