Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How Long Before Jazz clapping is enforced at Football grounds (PC gone mad (again?))

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If that’s all they’ve got to worry about then isn’t it time that they learnt about what they are supposedly studying?

And if worrying about clapping is what passes for higher education then student loans are apparently well justified.:whistle::whistle:

Last edited:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Given that Jazz originated in African-American communities in New Orleans, I would have thought that 'Jazz Hands' are therefore a form of cultural appropriation and offensive for other people to make.

I don't think the Students Union have thought this through.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I APPLAUD this decision.

Oh...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was at the Students Union on Sunday night at a gig, and the jazz hands message didn't seem to have been communicated to the audience.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given that Jazz originated in African-American communities in New Orleans, I would have thought that 'Jazz Hands' are therefore a form of cultural appropriation and offensive for other people to make.

I don't think the Students Union have thought this through.

I think they've massively OVERTHOUGHT it, and ended up "solving" a problem that never even existed. Some of them have clearly got way too much time on their (jazz) hands.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What about one armed people? Shouldn’t it be a jazz HAND just to be safe? Or is that offensive to Japanese Zen masters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What about one armed people? Shouldn’t it be a jazz HAND just to be safe? Or is that offensive to Japanese Zen masters?

What about people with really short arms who can't wave them at head height? At least with proper clapping they can slap their thigh, or beat their chest in an Ian Poulter style. This new version is completely discriminatory.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Silly bollocks students with piss all else to worry about.

Once they get jobs and a mortgage they'll realise what cocks they were.

What are they going to say when introducing someone then? "I'd like you to all put your hands together for... oh... sorry... I'd like to to keep your hands apart and waggle them for our special guest... "

Dicks.

This.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What about people with really short arms who can't wave them at head height? At least with proper clapping they can slap their thigh, or beat their chest in an Ian Poulter style. This new version is completely discriminatory.

Conjoined twins. What if one wants to jazz hand but the other doesn’t? I think we should call a meeting.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Conjoined twins. What if one wants to jazz hand but the other doesn’t? I think we should call a meeting.

We could call a meeting or we could just call these ***** "*****" and be done with it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Yes. Shame on them.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There was a discussion about this on R5 earlier. The key word in the statement is "inclusive". It has nothing to do with political correctness. Many people, including autistic people, hate loud unexpected noises and will avoid attending events where that can happen. This is a way to try and get them to be feel more included in student union life so perhaps now they will be more likely to attend certain events and get more involved, which can only be a good thing.

As the father of an autistic child who couldn't attend his own presentation ceremony at the end of a college course because it was too noisy, I say good for them.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I don't particularly like crowded spaces. Maybe other people can consider me and not turn up at all at gigs, festivals and football matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here