Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People quote about how many weeks/months since he's scored but in fairness how many playing minutes has he been given?
He is also playing in one of the most conservative attacking sides in the Premier League. If you take away Glenn Murrays penalties over the last two seasons what is his goal per minute ratio?
Locadia went very close with a late header at Southampton. And from memory the two main playing opportunities we've given him are at Liverpool and Manchester City.
I think the lad deserves a bit more support.

What kind of support do you propose?

So far as I'm aware nobody AT GAMES has done anything but support him, just like the rest of the team. We all WANT him to do well, after all.

Discussing his performance on a forum, and putting forward a less than complementary assessment is absolutely nothing to do with supporting (or not) the guy.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thought if they play on Saturday then Sunday is recovery day at the training ground, with certain exercises, physio/massage, and cryogenics etc then Monday is day off and back to training Tuesday.

*EDIT* And whilst he didn't play on Saturday it would mean Monday is a non-training day.

I think they only get one full day off and it gets pre-agreed. This week it was Monday

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

So far as I'm aware nobody AT GAMES has done anything but support him, just like the rest of the team. We all WANT him to do well, after all.

Discussing his performance on a forum, and putting forward a less than complementary assessment is absolutely nothing to do with supporting (or not) the guy.

This is a common thing on NSC- people confusing support at games, and in general, versus discussion on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hmmmm, I'm not so sure.

Bong, March, to a slightly lesser extent Stephens and now Locadia all suffer from APA :- Amex Passive Aggression.

Mistakes are very readily and audibly pounced upon, groans, hurumphing, shouts of "sort it out ..." "Come on ...", but very little if any positivity

The prime example is when Solly and AK either swap sides or after half time.
March isn't even remotely close to being supported like Knockaert is, irrespective as to how well they have played in the game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think the Barnes situation was different , he always tried , you could not fault his effort or passion, I for one was not happy when he left. To date Locadia has not shown little of either.

I want the guy to succeed as much as any, if he comes good it can only benefit BHAFC but really not sure how we should play him. It begs the question how we fit him in when we have Ali J, Gross, Stephens, Andone and Izquierdo to come in.

A agree about Barnes.

But I don't think anyone could level "not trying" to Locadia.

From recent memory, the only lazy f*cker I witnesses doing that was Akpom.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
...the fact that we don't even get to see Andone anywhere other than the U23s, the PL bench or on social media is hardly reassuring. .

Or just normal when you’ve a player being nursed back from injury and when you have 3 strikers to rotate - one of whom in decent form.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Your general point about not writing players off too soon, is a valid one. Andone hasn't featured at all yet - we've no idea how good he might be.

Locadia though, hasn't been here five minutes. He's been here almost a YEAR.

Well almost...
8 and a half months signed as a player.
7 or so - fit and ready to play.
He’s played about 340 league minutes in total. So equivalent of about 4 matches.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well almost...
8 and a half months signed as a player.
7 or so - fit and ready to play.
He’s played about 340 league minutes in total. So equivalent of about 4 matches.

All true of course. Though if he’s been fully fit and available for 7 months, and has been trusted to play ‘4 matches’, that suggests to me, that my ‘underwhelmed’ assessment is probably correct.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Personally I think we're pretty tolerant of strikers that fail to live up to their job description. We did it with CMS. We did it with COG. More recently we've done it with Hemed. And Baldock. All these guys had their defenders on here right up to the pointed they got shipped out to find their proper level, but at some point you have to get a bit objective, go beyond the fact that they're decent guys. Wish them well but want more. Currently Locadia is looking far from a credible PL striker, and the fact that we don't even get to see Andone anywhere other than the U23s, the PL bench or on social media is hardly reassuring. As things stand, Murray remains our only credible strike option. And that has to a major worry. Can't really understand anyone who sees it any other way.

I think that's a bit harsh. We bought them as Championship strikers, and they both did the job in the Championship (when Baldock was fit anyway), and now they're playing in....the Championship. I think they fulfilled their then job description perfectly, it's us that have moved on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unfair comment, all this Locadia bashing annoys me, he has not hit the ground running granted, are we playing to his strengths no, is he up to speed with the English game, probably not and exactly the same can be said for Andone.... Have we forgot how NSC declared Barnes would never make a Premier League standard player, and was hounded from pillar to post...

Give them a chance.....

This. FFS.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So a thread about Andone gets hijacked into Locadia is the worst striker to wear an Albion shirt since Richard Tiltman.

Just leave it to CH, in case you have forgotten he does know what he is doing and sees the players daily in training not just on a matchday through a beer induced glaze

Don’t you start on Richard Tiltman. had talent to burn, that lad (before his injuries )

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hmmmm, I'm not so sure.

Bong, March, to a slightly lesser extent Stephens and now Locadia all suffer from APA :- Amex Passive Aggression.

Mistakes are very readily and audibly pounced upon, groans, hurumphing, shouts of "sort it out ..." "Come on ...", but very little if any positivity

The prime example is when Solly and AK either swap sides or after half time.
March isn't even remotely close to being supported like Knockaert is, irrespective as to how well they have played in the game.

Really? The Solly March song is sung quite often home and away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally I think we're pretty tolerant of strikers that fail to live up to their job description. We did it with CMS. We did it with COG. More recently we've done it with Hemed. And Baldock. All these guys had their defenders on here right up to the pointed they got shipped out to find their proper level, but at some point you have to get a bit objective, go beyond the fact that they're decent guys. Wish them well but want more. Currently Locadia is looking far from a credible PL striker, and the fact that we don't even get to see Andone anywhere other than the U23s, the PL bench or on social media is hardly reassuring. As things stand, Murray remains our only credible strike option. And that has to a major worry. Can't really understand anyone who sees it any other way.

No.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
I don't buy into this theory that certain players don't try. I agree Locadia hasn't exactly set the world on fire and sometimes looks like he isn't trying.

But some players look like this, they have a sort of laid back, languid style. Back in the Withdean days we used to have a striker who some people criticised for not trying, at least some of the time.He would drift in and out of games.

What was his name? Glen Murray. I wonder whatever happened to him?

and then I remember further back another chap with similar characteristics, Peter Ward was it?

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i dont think i know better than the masters who got us where we are …
but yes i have an opinion about everything that has to do with my beloved football club
(45years and counting since Dad took me to The Goldstone)
let those who get paid for it get on with their job
yes of course i will comment on and judge the results and yes of course i will be pissed off if they fail
Locadia has a lot to prove, and Andone hasnt even started ,,,both get my full backing until Chris decides otherwise

GOSBTS

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
His self-confessed admission that he is not a good header of the ball does not fill one with confidence. That is a pre-requisite for anyone playing the lone striker role and also having to defend in their own area as much as we have to do. Murray is a very good header of the ball in both situations.

At the Etihad, Locadia failed to challenge for the ball on a number of occasions. Not even bothering to jump and giving the defender freedom to direct a header exactly where they wanted. I thought his movement was rather static and predictable.

Players coming from the Dutch league seem to want to play at a different pace in the PL. They want more time on the ball, don't always show the urgency to track back and generally can appear more languid. Not all of them can make the transition to the demands of the PL.

He’s never played as a lone striker and his lack of hold up prowess (his header that forced the corner we scored from v Spurs looked fine to me) only bothers me because the recruitment team seemingly spent big on a player that doesn’t fit our system. For me their only ‘mistake’ to date.

Not got a downer on the guy at all, far from it, I just fully expected us to play differently this season with a flexible front three of which he would be one but alas it’s not to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He’s never played as a lone striker and his lack of hold up prowess (his header that forced the corner we scored from v Spurs looked fine to me) only bothers me because the recruitment team seemingly spent big on a player that doesn’t fit our system. For me their only ‘mistake’ to date.

....what position was he playing at the Etihad then?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
No doubt Murray has been exceptional but I still wonder how much it says about Locadia and Andone.

I was for one was expecting Murray to be a bit part player this season. Instead he seems like our only hope.

One day, maybe, Andone will actually play a game of football for the first team, but until that time comes he and Locadia are coming across as the footballing version of the Chuckle Brothers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Your general point about not writing players off too soon, is a valid one. Andone hasn't featured at all yet - we've no idea how good he might be.

Locadia though, hasn't been here five minutes. He's been here almost a YEAR. I'd be delighted to have my opinion of him proved bang wrong. Seen very little so far, to make me doubt it, though.

But how many minutes has he actually played in that year ? It’s going to be hard for both him and Andone to find their feet and adapt to the pace and physicality of the English game when they just get 5 or 10 minutes here and there or a start away at a top 6 side where they hardly see the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here