Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Derby County U23 v Brighton And Hove Albion U23 PL2 Tonight Loughborough University 19.00

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Picture, replays and commentary all far better.

puts Seagulls TV to shame , FREE U23 & U18 , commentators that actually know what they are talking about , replays , even pre match interviews and half time features ... the only question is how much of a loss leader is it or do they actually cover the costs or even make a profit

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No arguments with that. Pretty disjointed display. Still the first loss for god knows how long, so can't be too harsh on them

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
We have been outplayed since Derby scored deserved result.

not going to disagree with that , probably before the goal was Derby the more likely ... I am just puzzled by the U23's setup , like 1st team v City ... maybe I do an injustice to Derby who are much better than I expected but looked like we gave them far too much respect and possession but hey ho what do I know :albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it is a mindset within the club that we give ALL teams too much respect and I would like to see other eams worry about us rather than the other way around.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Disagree. It makes absolute sense for the U23’s to play the same way (or very similar) to the senior team. That way, a player coming back to fitness (Andone, Izquierdo etc) can get fit but also have a half in his correct position for the senior side. Equally, the step up to the first team would be less daunting if you just slot into the position you’ve been playing for the U23’s.

It's an interesting one - Derby fans response last night was generally that Brighton 'came for a point'. I understand that in the PL against the top teams but surely they have to be more positive at some point? What is to be gained by getting a point in an U23 game? Should it not be that the style of play should be consistent throughout a club but the tactics reflect the situation.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
puts Seagulls TV to shame , FREE U23 & U18 , commentators that actually know what they are talking about , replays , even pre match interviews and half time features ... the only question is how much of a loss leader is it or do they actually cover the costs or even make a profit

It is good, they produce a lot of content through the week as well - Mel Morris (Owner/Chairman)' argument is that they do receive big boosts in advertising revenue through their digital content, all games are available globally including first team game (in UK via VPN as advised by Mel!!), though quite who in Papua New Guinea will be interested in Derby v Brighton U23s, who knows..... Other than that, it's just about fan engagement isn't it, not sure how you quantify that.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A question for Tony Bloom. In order to expand our Brighton brand can we have free coverage at least for our u23 games .

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
To be fair ,coverage has improved on pretty much everything on Seagulls tv , i like the opportunity to watch the full 90 minutes of most of the U23s the day after the event , this is a new addition along with slightly more live games , so i don't think it's a case of nothings changing , i just think not enough people ( Brighton Fans ) seem to care about the rest of the Brighton And hove Albion teams for those upstairs to sit up and take notice that things need changing , when i look at the U23 matchday threads on here it does look like the same people commenting and really interested as to what is going on with our U23s , there seems to be in the main a not that bothered about the U23 / Women's / AITC / coverage , which is a shame but that's how it looks , some teams coverage of their equivalent to Seagulls TV is absolutely superb and we just need to learn a bit from them as to how it's done , i want to know everything Brighton And Hove Albion , not just the first team and hopefully the coverage will improve as time goes by

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here