Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] boring Palace songs at away matches

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Firstly I must give credit to fans for getting behind the team at away matches especially in our current form, but why do they trot out the same old boring anti Palace songs?

I have heard some good rousing songs this season so I know there is a good selection, so drop the Palace crap especially when we are up north.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They are sung to make us sound “hard” on TV and show the world that our rivalry is every bit as intense as Rangers/Celtic, United/City, etc.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Part of supporting Brighton means hating Palace for a lot of fans. If it aint for you don't join in or go and find a new nicer club to follow. Someone without rivals. Reading for example.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Part of supporting Brighton means hating Palace for a lot of fans. If it aint for you don't join in or go and find a new nicer club to follow. Someone without rivals. Reading for example.

Believe me hating Palace goes much deeper than knowing the words of the 'Shoot the Palace scum' chant.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Believe me hating Palace goes much deeper than knowing the words of the 'Shoot the Palace scum' chant.
Apparently not! Seems that unless you join in with the kiddies you need to find a new club to support. Personally, I don't want to give Palace a mention, any mention, especially when our game is televised. Save it for the v Palace games.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Apparently not! Seems that unless you join in with the kiddies you need to find a new club to support. Personally, I don't want to give Palace a mention, any mention, especially when our game is televised. Save it for the v Palace games.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

From the other side of the "rivalry" exactly what you say. I don't want to hear anti Brighton songs when playing away, use that energy to sing pro Palace / Brighton songs as most of the football world views our rivalry with "WTF is that all about !"

Also you mention Kiddies, why is anyone under 45 even interested, we only played each other about 4 times in 20 odd years , that's a generation of supporters who never saw a game between CPFC and BHA a rivalry which wasn't about teams or supporters its a 50 year old argument between Allison and Mullery ...never really got it and never will !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From the other side of the "rivalry" exactly what you say. I don't want to hear anti Brighton songs when playing away, use that energy to sing pro Palace / Brighton songs as most of the football world views our rivalry with "WTF is that all about !"

Also you mention Kiddies, why is anyone under 45 even interested, we only played each other about 4 times in 20 odd years , that's a generation of supporters who never saw a game between CPFC and BHA a rivalry which wasn't about teams or supporters its a 50 year old argument between Allison and Mullery ...never really got it and never will !!

So who do you see as your natural rivals these days?

Do you get more satisfaction from other teams losing than the Albion?

I must confess that even though I don’t see them as rivals I enjoy Smug and the Pluckies losing as the most satisfying result these days, but even so I do enjoy you guys getting beat still. I am old school though and I do remember the Venables and Mullery days :shrug:

It all started in the Allison era though, Hinshelwood, Sansom, Taylor, and Cannon etc. That was when I started following the Albion.

Ron ****ing Challis and the “you’re not worth that” outburst from Mullery probably ramped the rivalry up more than anything :smile:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20171128/282991105218080

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why does anyone posting on Nsc about the songs, think it will change anything?

Don't like the songs? Get a group of mates and start your own.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The only song I don’t like is the Maty Ryan Socceroo one, as I’m sure Maty doesn’t give a toss about Palace.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
To be honest these days I have lost the sort of them and us type attitude..might be an age thing. Football has lost its heart and soul to TV / sky and all these BIG match type of hype leaves me cold.

I love to beat the Albion but can quite happily chat to a BHA fan as I think of most of them as football fans, I live in Sussex and to be quite honest would not talk about football to a Sussex Red / United/ Man city fan, but I would happily talk to a Brighton fan about football.

I don't see anyone as rivals, if your born or grow up near the team you support then good on you.

I love to see Leeds struggle and hate Chelsea..but then that might be a early 70s hangover, Charlton are just funny and Millwall are just scary :) other than that I look at most clubs with a Meh type attitude.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

With the best will in the world some make the point that the anti-palace chants are childish and futile and to be honest played into the hands of the 'aren't we so important in your world' Palace personnel looking in. Why does that need the sentiment of having to buddy up and start other chants?

I protest against bullfighting but that does not mean I need to start a sport of goatfighting?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
With the best will in the world some make the point that the anti-palace chants are childish and futile and to be honest played into the hands of the 'aren't we so important in your world' Palace personnel looking in. Why does that need the sentiment of having to buddy up and start other chants?

I protest against bullfighting but that does not mean I need to start a sport of goatfighting?

If you don't like what is being sung, start your own chants. Others may join in and then the chants you hate won't be sung.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Firstly I must give credit to fans for getting behind the team at away matches especially in our current form, but why do they trot out the same old boring anti Palace songs?

I have heard some good rousing songs this season so I know there is a good selection, so drop the Palace crap especially when we are up north.

They've been sung for a long time and will continue to be so. Particularly since promotion there seems to be a chunk of people who want to make their own minds up whether a chant is good or bad and whether to join in when it's all subjective, and is part of the reason we aren't unified. Thankfully alot of the come lately's have vanished without a trace and so their opinions don't matter much in the long run.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

This or sort of this anyway... Songs sung by supporters are not a dukebox type scenario where you get to pick and choose the songs sung? A song will gain traction with those singing or it won't. if enough people want to sing about hating Palace let em. I hate Palace, but have never sung a song at a match about them, but then I've hardly ever sung at a game either. That's OK too. Just do what suits you and let everyone else do the same....

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
If you don't like what is being sung, start your own chants. Others may join in and then the chants you hate won't be sung.

If I can state again. I don't like the anti-Palace chants. I don't want them to be sung until and unless we are playing them.

If that leaves a gap in our repertoire then so be it. I don't think you are posing a sensible counter point.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If I can state again. I don't like the anti-Palace chants. I don't want them to be sung until and unless we are playing them.

If that leaves a gap in our repertoire then so be it. I don't think you are posing a sensible counter point.

Who wants to be sensible? That's boring.:mad:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

And get in touch with TB and see if you can bring 99 mates wearing black hoodies and a drum, its the only way to create an atmosphere you know :)

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

This, this and this.

Will hate with vengeance everything about Pararse until the day I die.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here