Que será, será
Whatever will be, will be
Palace are not important, you see
Que será, será
What will be, will be

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Part of supporting Brighton means hating Palace for a lot of fans. If it aint for you don't join in or go and find a new nicer club to follow. Someone without rivals. Reading for example.

Reading oxford isn't it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The only song I don’t like is the Maty Ryan Socceroo one, as I’m sure Maty doesn’t give a toss about Palace.

Or even know who they are!

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Yes we sing about hating Palace quite a lot but anyone who was at the Etihad on Saturday would've heard that the majority of songs the Man City fans were singing were about Man United...

They're the Champions, have the best team and manager yet still sing about beating Man United 6-1 in 2011.

It's Football, we sing about our rivals, every club does it, always have always will

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I don't see them as rivals at all. I'm sure I'll be told I'm not a proper fan or some other bullshit, but they're not even worth the songs.
It's a tiff between two managers that got out of hand decades ago, it's totally irrelevant today.
Personally I get more satisfaction from seeing Bournemouth and Pompey lose.

Jan 30, 2008
Part of supporting Brighton means hating Palace for a lot of fans. If it aint for you don't join in or go and find a new nicer club to follow. Someone without rivals. Reading for example.
fair play to the lads that travelled sat:hilton: , some of the goons on here make you cry for the future of football
regards
DR

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
This Tribal rivalry is so old fashioned and childish. Just enjoy the football match.

No I can't agree with that; modern life is very sanitised and I love the buzz of a big match atmosphere and rivalry. If it was just about enjoying the football match I may as well stay home and watch on on the tellybox.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I don't see them as rivals at all. I'm sure I'll be told I'm not a proper fan or some other bullshit, but they're not even worth the songs.
It's a tiff between two managers that got out of hand decades ago, it's totally irrelevant today.
Personally I get more satisfaction from seeing Bournemouth and Pompey lose.

There was a bit more to it than a tiff between two managers. We seemed to be playing each other all the time in the late 70s and early 80s and jockeying for promotion. Given more edge by the easy mass transit of young boot boys between East Croydon and Hove and lack of segregation in the grounds,

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Yes we sing about hating Palace quite a lot but anyone who was at the Etihad on Saturday would've heard that the majority of songs the Man City fans were singing were about Man United...

They're the Champions, have the best team and manager yet still sing about beating Man United 6-1 in 2011.

It's Football, we sing about our rivals, every club does it, always have always will

Scott McGleish...is still a wanker

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was a bit more to it than a tiff between two managers. We seemed to be playing each other all the time in the late 70s and early 80s and jockeying for promotion. Given more edge by the easy mass transit of young boot boys between East Croydon and Hove and lack of segregation in the grounds,

Culminating in them pipping us to the then second division title (Championship) whilst the Albion were on a B Cal flight to the US. The crowd was over 50k (record crowd) against Burnley (?) where the **** did all those fans disappear to? :smile:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Apparently not! Seems that unless you join in with the kiddies you need to find a new club to support. Personally, I don't want to give Palace a mention, any mention, especially when our game is televised. Save it for the v Palace games.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I too don't sing the anti-Palace songs, but if others want to then fair enough. I've said before that I don't care what people chant or sing, as long as they do something to support the team and create an atmosphere.

As an aside I, like others on here, am old enough to remember the days BEFORE the Palace rivalry. As has been mentioned it is a funny rivalry. It came out of nowhere, fuelled by the Mullery v Venables thing, and was incredibly fierce during the late 70s, but had started to die away even before our long fall from grace. During the nearly thirty years between then and now (when we played each other about twice) I always used to answer the "Stand up if you hate Palace!" chant with "Stand up if you've SEEN Palace", I always thought keeping the rivalry alive was a bit sad, but actually since we've been at the Amex and our paths are crossing more regularly, I've felt the stirrings of the old 70s feelings again! (I don't got so far as to hope they lose every game though, we need them to beat our relegation rivals and cheering if they lose to someone like Hudds or Cardiff is cutting off your nose to spite you face).

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Palace songs have been widely sung at every away game since I started support Brighton in the mid 80's. Its has been part of our heritage for decades and singing about rivalries is something all teams do. What's the problem?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Some thing along the lines of

Maty Ryan Socceroo Socerroo he hates Palace

Maty Ryan, Socceroo
Socceroo
Socceroo
Maty Ryan, Socceroo
He hates Palace

(I might have missed a few socceroos)

Thank you both, will have to try to remember it when the Socceroos next play in Melbourne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here