Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings v Man City

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Ryan 8 - Had no chance with the goals and made one truly outstanding save. Handling excellent, distribution very good. Overall a very good performance.
Montoya - 7
Bong - 7 Full backs aquitted themselves very well againgst Sane and Sterling.
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 7
Bissouma - 6
Kayal - 9 My MOTM. Broke up so of their play much in the middle of the park.
Propper - 6
Knocky - 6 Tried hard without much support.
March - 5
Locadia - 3 Didn't hold the ball up well, didn't hassle their defenders when they had the ball. Didn't do much of anything really.

Subs

Murray - 6 Caused more headaches in 20 minutes than Locadia did in 70.
Ali J - NA
Izzy - NA

I thought it was a decent performance. When defensively set, City really struggled to make chances. I was quite surprised to see how many attempts they made and shots on target they had, because outside the goals and one fantastic Ryan save I can only remember about two occasions they really threatened.

Most of their attempts were long shots which never troubled Ryan or looked like being goals.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 8
Montoya 5
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
Bong 5
Knockaert 6 (Jahanbakhsh 79min, 6)
Kayal 6
Propper 5
Bissouma 6
March 5 (Izquierdo 83min, 5)
Locadia 5 (Murray 72min, 6)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
All of them 5. Don’t know how you can separate them when basically the whole team were deployed as a mobile wall.

Think your rating of Locadia is harsh though, didn’t think he was any better or worse than anyone else in the impossible job he was asked to do on his own.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
......accept for the fact that Locadia trotted around the pitch aimlessly all game, didn't tackle (except once in the first half), didn't control the ball, make a pass etc. He was worse than the likes of Ryan (several brilliant saves), the two centre halves (bodies on the line, some brilliant blocks), Bissouma and Knocky (tenacious, tried to run with the ball and make things happen). All of these guys fought like dogs and ensured that the final score line was a perfectly respectable one. Sorry, but I don't think the same can be said for Jurgen.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Ryan 8
Montoya 7
Dunk 7
Duffy 7
Bong 5
Knockaert 6
Kayal 6
Propper 5
Bissouma 7
March 6
Locadia 5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 8
Montoya - 6
Bong - 7
Dunk - 6.5
Duffy - 8
Knockaert - 5.5
Kayal - 6
Propper- 5
Bissouma - 6
March - 5
Locadia- 4

AJ - 6
Murray - 6
Izquierdo - N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
......accept for the fact that Locadia trotted around the pitch aimlessly all game, didn't tackle (except once in the first half), didn't control the ball, make a pass etc. He was worse than the likes of Ryan (several brilliant saves), the two centre halves (bodies on the line, some brilliant blocks), Bissouma and Knocky (tenacious, tried to run with the ball and make things happen). All of these guys fought like dogs and ensured that the final score line was a perfectly respectable one. Sorry, but I don't think the same can be said for Jurgen.

Made several runs in behind but not found - presumably what Hughton asked him to do (and why we played him rather than Murray). Not his fault if he didn't get the passes. A striker like that is only as good as the service he gets. Ran out of steam in 2nd half but was putting himself about and thought his passing was generally good under pressure.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ryan 8
Montoya 7.5
Duffy 8
Dunk 6.5
Bong 7
Kayal 7
Bissouma 7
Propper 4
March 6
Knockaert 7
Locadia 3

Murray 6.5
AJ 6.5
Izzy N/A

CH 5.....sorry but formulaic away management again. City were making subs before us!!! Either change at HT, when you are 1-0 down ( as we have been 6 times this season in seven games ) and still in the game or don't bother at all. At least try and give City something to think about rather than let them rumble on in cruise control until the inevitable 2nd goal arrives and then we get the obligatory like for like changes, that have little or no time to make an impact. I stood there marvelling at City's gloriously untroubled football and our manful and heroic efforts to keep them at bay, whilst yearning for a free flowing, mistake ridden and semi-satisfying 2-4 defeat, where we attacked at every opportunity, got picked off but came away with smiles on our faces. It was a free hit. We were extremely likely to lose, whatever style we employed. As usual, the manager chose the predictable route.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
All of them 5. Don’t know how you can separate them when basically the whole team were deployed as a mobile wall.

Think your rating of Locadia is harsh though, didn’t think he was any better or worse than anyone else in the impossible job he was asked to do on his own.

Agree no way was he worth only 3. Looks like he is scapegoat for this season ,bit like Ashley Barnes was.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Ryan 8
Montoya 6
Dunk 6
Duffy 7
Bong 6
Knockaert 6 (Jahanbakhsh 79min, 6)
Kayal 6
Propper 4
Bissouma 6
March 5 (Izquierdo 83min, 5)
Locadia 3 (Murray 72min, 6)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Jurgen's ratings really make interesting reading; especially as according to the BBC match feed, Locadia "worked his socks off up top for Brighton today..."

The words: thankless task

also: Scape and Goat...

Spring to mind.

Oh well - I guess it's all subjective, and wholly in the (oft skewed) eyes of the beholder.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Ryan 8
Montoya 7.5
Duffy 8
Dunk 6.5
Bong 7
Kayal 7
Bissouma 7
Propper 4
March 6
Knockaert 7
Locadia 3

Murray 6.5
AJ 6.5
Izzy N/A

CH 5.....sorry but formulaic away management again. City were making subs before us!!! Either change at HT, when you are 1-0 down ( as we have been 6 times this season in seven games ) and still in the game or don't bother at all. At least try and give City something to think about rather than let them rumble on in cruise control until the inevitable 2nd goal arrives and then we get the obligatory like for like changes, that have little or no time to make an impact. I stood there marvelling at City's gloriously untroubled football and our manful and heroic efforts to keep them at bay, whilst yearning for a free flowing, mistake ridden and semi-satisfying 2-4 defeat, where we attacked at every opportunity, got picked off but came away with smiles on our faces. It was a free hit. We were extremely likely to lose, whatever style we employed. As usual, the manager chose the predictable route.

So you really think if we had had a 'free flowing, mistake ridden' we would have still only lost by 2 goals. OK. I only put wins (and a very occasional draw) in the score predictor so I guess we both live in parallel universes.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Jurgen's ratings really make interesting reading; especially as according to the BBC match feed, Locadia "worked his socks off up top for Brighton today..."

The words: thankless task

also: Scape and Goat...

Spring to mind.

Oh well - I guess it's all subjective, and wholly in the (oft skewed) eyes of the beholder.

Wow - well, there you go. Through my lens, however, he was ineffectual, lacking in tenacity, bordering on lazy - and I generally hate to criticise BHA players. For example, when the ball was there to be won / challenged for 10 yards away, he rarely bothered to make the challenge. Most of the time he would be trotting around at half pace, no urgency in his play at all. Funny how others see things differently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here