Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party annual conference Birmingham

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Actually, if you paid attention, or bothered to read the whole thing before posting, I was replying to someone else's post which was specifically about possible shifts since the last election. Why you decided to go somewhere else altogether with your comments, while apparently trying to somehow discredit mine, I don't know. Perhaps you thought you were being clever? If I were you, I'd check this particular conversation back all the way to where it started, and then withdraw before you start to look silly..

If you might see that someone could read your post slightly differently to how you intended, without getting your knickers in a twist, then maybe you could see why I posted what I did. I've checked back, nothing particularly silly either way to be honest, all I did was justify why I read your post like I did, wasn't trying to discredit you at all, I'd suggest you may be being a little bit over sensitive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you might see that someone could read your post slightly differently to how you intended, without getting your knickers in a twist, then maybe you could see why I posted what I did. I've checked back, nothing particularly silly either way to be honest, all I did was justify why I read your post like I did, wasn't trying to discredit you at all, I'd suggest you may be being a little bit over sensitive.
The error lies in your inability to comprehend my very simple to understand and clear post. The only silly thing was you trying to justify your post, when you clearly hadn't understood what was said, but couldn't bear to admit it. Your problem. I've had enough of you now. 'Bye.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just goes to show there are more voters who change parties than people may think.

The following is NOT a party political point. The political science departments at several universities merged their resources to carry out a definitive review of the 2017 general election.

In essense, most of the voters who were Brexiteers who'd abandoned Labour at recent elections for UKIP/Tory, went back to Labour. Convinced by Corbyn/McDonnell that they will carry out our full departure from the EU. UKIP was seen as a single issue party, which had served its purpose. Parodoxically, Labour also gained votes from Tory Remainers. Smart smoke and mirrors on policy.

The election movements were unique.

The initial lazy analysis that millions of angry young people and the disaffected had voted for the first time, was proven to be inaccurate. These political scientists admitted that, when publishing their final review.

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
75313EE1-7A31-43C8-8825-DE2821A987B4.jpeg

:lolol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The error lies in your inability to comprehend my very simple to understand and clear post. The only silly thing was you trying to justify your post, when you clearly hadn't understood what was said, but couldn't bear to admit it. Your problem. I've had enough of you now. 'Bye.

I’ve had enough of you now but I’m going to post anyway just to say I’ve had enough. Bye then, that’s me can’t sleep a wink now...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ve had enough of you now but I’m going to post anyway just to say I’ve had enough. Bye then, that’s me can’t sleep a wink now...

....and I will sleep the sleep of the virtuous and vindicated, safe in the knowledge that I won't be arsed to read any drivel you might post tomorrow, let alone waste a minute piece of cyberspace replying.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
....and I will sleep the sleep of the virtuous and vindicated, safe in the knowledge that I won't be arsed to read any drivel you might post tomorrow, let alone waste a minute piece of cyberspace replying.

Your loss! :D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can any Tory voter justify this for me? Before anyone says, oh, it's just a mistake and she should appeal, I am on a forum for auto immune diseases, and am reading stories similar to this every day.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/wom...ility-benefits-personal-independence-payment/

Benefits assessor visited woman, 22, with stage 4 cancer and no hair during chemo treatment and said she was ‘not sick enough’

Paige was advised by her CLIC Sargent social worker that she’d be entitled to Personal Independence Payment (PIP), a benefit that helps with the extra costs of living with a long-term health condition or disability. The weekly rate for the daily living part is either £57.30 or £85.60 and for the mobility part, either £22.65 or £59.75. Paige was hoping to have the money to pay for her travel costs for trips to the hospital three times a week.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Can any Tory voter justify this for me? Before anyone says, oh, it's just a mistake and she should appeal, I am on a forum for auto immune diseases, and am reading stories similar to this every day.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/wom...ility-benefits-personal-independence-payment/

Benefits assessor visited woman, 22, with stage 4 cancer and no hair during chemo treatment and said she was ‘not sick enough’

Paige was advised by her CLIC Sargent social worker that she’d be entitled to Personal Independence Payment (PIP), a benefit that helps with the extra costs of living with a long-term health condition or disability. The weekly rate for the daily living part is either £57.30 or £85.60 and for the mobility part, either £22.65 or £59.75. Paige was hoping to have the money to pay for her travel costs for trips to the hospital three times a week.

If you vote Tory you enable this

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A truly shocking example of why the system doesn’t work! The poor girl had enough going on without having to prove her illness!

I am pleased though that further down in the article she got the payment ! ( Maybe back dated too?)

“With her social worker’s help, Paige managed to successfully appeal the decision and was awarded PIP in May this year – around seven months after she had first been diagnosed with cancer.”

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
LMichael Gove: Let homeowners scavenge for waste at council dumps

At last, a policy not pinched from Labour, let poor people scavenge on rubbish tips. I’m surprised May didn’t use this as a major policy announcement at conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here