Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party annual conference Birmingham

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I'm sure but the point I'm making is that there was plenty of outcry on here about Corbyn's plans even though he laid out some elements of costing - if vague on the details. But May didn't even give any hints at all and gets a free pass.

Gwylan, I reckon that 'Spreadsheet Phil' will have everybody in the country spell bound by his budget speech on the 29th, so not long to wait!:lolol:
As for Corbyn's plans and costings, watch this space; they may well feature on some science fiction tv channel before too long!:D

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The TV world is changing, viewing figures for the core channels are dropping, channel 4 included. Provided she does enough on all platforms to get the message across why does she need to be on channel 4? It's a digital world now, it could be argued that she should only do the BBC, then maybe Sky and Amazon or Netflix, plus a facebook interview.

Just to highlight this point, stats from 2017 of share of audience:

BBC 31.57%
Digital/Sky/BT 23.96%
ITV 21.71%
Channel 4 10.23%

So given she has appeared on two of the five free to air channels covering 65.5% of the audience why should she then appear on another which only has a further 10% of the audience? (and the interviewer apparently wants to "**** the Tories"). Channel 4 are increasing an irrelevance.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Impartial political editor fakes shock that the PM thinks he’s a knob and won’t give him the time of day!!

a9c3f2a75d68e79e6bdfd140ae24377a.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The TV world is changing, viewing figures for the core channels are dropping, channel 4 included. Provided she does enough on all platforms to get the message across why does she need to be on channel 4? It's a digital world now, it could be argued that she should only do the BBC, then maybe Sky and Amazon or Netflix, plus a facebook interview.

With or without her interview, Channel 4 pisses all over the others when it comes to any decent analysis of the news these days.

I also like the way they ignore the tabloid fill and go more International slant. Take last night, gave the Sulawesi disaster priority over the Tory civil war...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
With or without her interview, Channel 4 pisses all over the others when it comes to any decent analysis of the news these days.

I also like the way they ignore the tabloid fill and go more International slant. Take last night, gave the Sulawesi disaster priority over the Tory civil war...

Even though their somewhat Tabloidesk Political Editor is a goon!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
She is clearly a very good operator in Government.

A good operator? She called a day long conference to thrash out a Brexit agreement approved by all members ... only for two members to resign almost immediately - joining the several cabinet resignations since the last election. The chairman of the backbench committee has about 30 letters from her party's MPs calling for her resignation. She's dependent for support on handful of swivel-eyed, bowler-hatted Christian nutters while big guns in her own party make fun of her.

Yeah, great political operator.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
. I was a remainer but she has an obligation to carry out result of referendum.

Ain't that the truth - however she has to try and balance the will of a majority of those who voted in the referendum, with tying to keep half her Party happy (impossible with idiots like Johnson spouting off) with keeping the UK together and trying to get a decent trade deal with Europe.

She has pretty much zero charisma, but has probably the hardest job as a British PM since the war.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nobby's Whiskers

Feb 2, 2009
Actually there's not many teachers left earning much over £30k these days. Salaries get slashed year on year, especially in Further Education. Anyone entering the profession and/or from overseas certainly won't be.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I listened to what May had to say and, I'll confess to being quite impressed. She didn't cough and splutter her way through it and the set didn't fall to pieces. She didn't change my perception about her and the Tory Party though.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Who the hell thought it would be a good idea for her to dance onto the stage? :rave: :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who the hell thought it would be a good idea for her to dance onto the stage? :rave: :lolol:

I can't believe how many people on here, some who have displayed traces of intelligence previously, are making a thing of this.

It was nothing more than self-deprecating humour. She was taking the piss out of herself.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

She’s the Prime Minister of the country. She’s leading us down the darkest path we have seen for decades. People are worried about the future of the country and their families. Perhaps she should show some bloody gravitas. Silly bitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here