NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has anyone watched this Owen Jones video from the conference - 2.20 in interviewing a young chap when other party members start getting involved, weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=495&v=zIcz1nSk9oQ

I have now. I'll declare early on, I believe Owen Jones to be an utter ****. For political balance, I largely think the same about Toby Young.

The bit you mention was sort of fair enough, initially at least. Those out-of-shot recognised Jones was merely doing a poor-man's Louis Theroux, looking to feed people questions with the hope they stitch themselves up, with him looking smugly on.

Owen Jones and young people though? Sounds a bit strange, yes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mogg posing with a Young Tory who thinks it a laugh to go out with fellow young Tories wearing T-shirts emblazoned with anti semitic slogans, I expect the BBC news and the Daily Mail will have this as their main news item tonight

[tweet]1047434769292840960[/tweet]

Front page of the BBC website, as you predicted. Or were you being facetious? Who knows.

And the story, on the front page of the BBC website, reveals that group concerned have been suspended from the Conservative Party with widespread calls to ban anyone involved from the Party for life.

A Party taking anti-semitism seriously. That must have you all kinds of confused, eh?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just watched it. Tories trying to shut down debate.

Really unsuccessfully because the silly woman ends up in a debate with him herself . Giving him exactly what he was after.
Owen Jones looks like one half of Dick and Dom.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really unsuccessfully because the silly woman ends up in a debate with him herself . Giving him exactly what he was after.
Owen Jones looks like one half of Dick and Dom.

He always looks like one giant half of Dick and Dom, yes.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If the parents cannot afford food to feed their children which should be a 1st priority what do they spend there money on. Wrong priorities but no doubt your too scared to ask them questions just shouting poverty.
You've no clue what you're on about, as evidenced by your subsequent posts.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Has anyone watched this Owen Jones video from the conference - 2.20 in interviewing a young chap when other party members start getting involved, weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=495&v=zIcz1nSk9oQ

His closing summary is ridiculous.

“A party in decline, in stagnation and bereft of ideas”

It really isn’t. How he can possibly believe this I just don’t know. Deluded.

And as for some taking offence at him being there asking questions. It’s not really surprising is it. It’s a bit like a Palace fan turning up on the North Stand singing “you’re shit and you know you are”. What an idiot.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And as for some taking offence at him being there asking questions. It’s not really surprising is it. It’s a bit like a Palace fan turning up on the North Stand singing “you’re shit and you know you are”. What an idiot.

Oh , they have plenty of ideas. All of them self serving and insidious. Dismantling of the NHS, cuts to social services, education funding being decimated, irrational housing development, selling London off to the Russians, closing of women’s refuges and services , setting the minimum income rate for migrant workers at 50k when 2/3rds of NHS workers earn less than 28k....

Yep, nobody can say they don’t have ideas.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes, she did. Did you believe her when she said that austerity is over?

It doesn't matter if we believe her or not she said it loud and clear and a budget is not far away.
In the last budget Eeyore said there will be no loosening of the purse strings, I think he did not know May was going to say it.
So what happens if there is not at least a reasonable turn around on spending, my guess is that it will be something like, austerity is over but we cannot do anything about it for some time or they will find another excuse like lack of tax income.
If May only said it today because she is so on the ropes at the moment but then reverses or does not come good and quick, then that will be the final straw, the final lie and she will have take a bullet between the eyes.
I hold out no hope that she will repay those she hurt most, in fact it would not surprise me if she reduced the higher tax threshold even further.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You’ve nicely avoided all of my points so kudos on that. And yes, I do teach spelling thanks for asking but anyone who knows anything about using a smart phone knows that they can sometimes be a bit frustrating to use due to predictive text and self corrections when spelling mistakes are made. But I’m sure you’re perfect so such mistakes never happen...

Good morning, Midnight.
I am well aware of predictive text and can't stand the damn' thing. No, I am not perfect by any means. For a start, I should have realised that it is pretty pointless getting into political 'discussions' on NSC as they always end in a slanging match, however hard the participants try, or not as the case may be, to be civil, logical and and not too entrenched in their views.
Big mistake.
Have a good day at school:thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A good operator? She called a day long conference to thrash out a Brexit agreement approved by all members ... only for two members to resign almost immediately - joining the several cabinet resignations since the last election. The chairman of the backbench committee has about 30 letters from her party's MPs calling for her resignation. She's dependent for support on handful of swivel-eyed, bowler-hatted Christian nutters while big guns in her own party make fun of her.

Yeah, great political operator.

Points noted, Gwylan.
A bit like Corbyn depending on support from union dinosaur Len McCluskey, Communist Andrew Murray, Marxist' 'overthrow capitalism 'McDonnell, devious Seamus Milne,schoolboy journo Owen Jones a load of £3 members, naive youngsters and the bunch of odds and sods in Momentum who want to de-select decent moderate Labour MP's.Chuck in a few anti Semites and terrorist sympathisers and as Diane Abbott might say; it just doesn't add up .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is there anyone on here that didn't vote Tory in the last election, that would vote for them now?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Are people finally starting to realise that voting doesn't work?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is there anyone on here that didn't vote Tory in the last election, that would vote for them now?
Very few I would imagine. But, you could ask the same question about Labour - has anyone switched to Labour who voted for anyone else at the last election? Very, very few there either, I would guess

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Points noted, Gwylan.
A bit like Corbyn depending on support from union dinosaur Len McCluskey, Communist Andrew Murray, Marxist' 'overthrow capitalism 'McDonnell, devious Seamus Milne,schoolboy journo Owen Jones a load of £3 members, naive youngsters and the bunch of odds and sods in Momentum who want to de-select decent moderate Labour MP's.Chuck in a few anti Semites and terrorist sympathisers and as Diane Abbott might say; it just doesn't add up .

Whataboutery at it’s finest.

Great work , Sir.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Look. I know you now feel stupid for becoming a recent Conservative Party member, but you don’t need to continually try and kid us; we’ve all made a few mistakes in life. Put it down to experience and move on...tomorrow is a bright new day!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here