Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League 29/9 - 1/10

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
An Always Ultra chant to be proud of:

"If Sorloth scores, we're on the pitch," joke the Palace fans as their giant Norwegian substitute - listed as 6ft 4ins but looks taller - charges on.

Nicking our O’Grady chants now... :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Zaha, what a bellend. Straight down the tunnel as the whistle blows. Shakes no one's hand, ignores the fans.

Sums the boy up - he’s still annoyed at the unfollowing on twitter with Parish and being denied his dream move to Spurs - they even promised him a car as he cannot work out how to buy one on his 130k a week bless him.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If we can beat West Ham you'd have to be content with 8 from 8 given who we have played

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Zaha, what a bellend. Straight down the tunnel as the whistle blows. Shakes no one's hand, ignores the fans.

:lolol:

He couldn't have made it any clearer in the summer that he wanted out of that car-crash of a club, only to find Parish made him a virtual prisoner by putting a ridiculous price tag on him. And now his manager is behaving like a well-meaning but misguided elderly uncle, making him a 90-minute figure of ridicule for opposing fans.

I don't think Mr Tumble is enjoying his football much at the moment.... :cry:

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
If we can beat West Ham you'd have to be content with 8 from 8 given who we have played

agreed, its been a tough schedule so far. 8 points in the first 8 is a solid start but we'll need to start collecting some wins especially against lower table teams. if you dont get wins there then thats when you find yourself in a relegation battle more often than not

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's happening with palace's German the fella who's 'one of the world's best footballers' but nobody else wanted to sign?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's happening with palace's German the fella who's 'one of the world's best footballers' but nobody else wanted to sign?

Meyer has his first start late night and looked decent enough for me. Maybe the Cabaye replacement they wanted.

That really decent goalkeeper they were eager to tell us all about can’t see to get a game ahead of Hennessey though, so he can’t be all that after all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There should be more 'ifs' in there somewhere

If Wolves and West Ham teach us footballing lessons, it won’t be the end of the world.

We’re in a mini league with Hudd/Cardiff/Newcastle/Stains and possibly Fulham/Palace. Our games against them will be crucial, and hope to pick the odd home result against others.

I think the safety points total will be low, as a few other clubs have joined the top 6 into finding ways to play well and clock up wins.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think the safety points total will be low, as a few other clubs have joined the top 6 into finding ways to play well and clock up wins.

I agree with this completely. With a couple of clubs possibly struggling to get into the upper twenties by season end and a few clubs still unbeaten at this point I think the variation in points this season will be huge.
I think safety will be in the low to mid 30s again. Hoping to be clear of that before the beginning of April.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and with 4 goals Harry Kane is the top Premier League goal scorer at the...

...John Smith's Stadium.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if Zaha is actually injured (after the back issue was it?) but Roy is so desperate that even a 50% fit Zaha is still worth playing so that they don't lose every single game they play (oh apart from last night obvs)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wouldn't be surprised if Zaha is actually injured (after the back issue was it?) but Roy is so desperate that even a 50% fit Zaha is still worth playing so that they don't lose every single game they play (oh apart from last night obvs)

He looked pretty ineffective last night, I thought, certainly by the standards he has set of late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here