Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Maybe he's been told not to?

I think so - it can't be natural instinct to let the ball be passed around you in the centre circle without making some sort of attempt to get it , so I think he must be curbing those instincts deliberately? Hope that's the case anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Those all important possession stats are indeed 79-21 to City so a good couple of calls earlier on the thread.

The lack of ball is obviously down to Locadia because it's definitely the lone striker's job to have the ball for the whole half with no support :rolleyes:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think so - it can't be natural instinct to let the ball be passed around you in the centre circle without making some sort of attempt to get it , so I think he must be curbing those instincts deliberately? Hope that's the case anyway.

And then do what?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Bong gets so much completely undeserved shite on here, and at the AMEX I can't help thinking it's something more sinister than footballing ability.

Are you really saying that Bong gets slated because he's black, as opposed to not good enough?

Wow... that's so wide of the mark it was aimed at the goal and hit an aeroplane.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Such a quiet stadium though, can hear the players talking at times.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Are you really saying that Bong gets slated because he's black, as opposed to not good enough?

Wow... that's so wide of the mark it was aimed at the goal and hit an aeroplane.

Indeed, there is enough real racism out there in the world without people making stuff up for no reason.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
No reflection on Locadia, but let's stop toying with them, get Murray on and get these points wrapped up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

In a word it’s, bollocks.

In the past Barnes, Stephens, Propper, Baldock, Hemed, CMS, Harley were criticised to n’th degree, some sustained over much of their Albion time.

If anything, the cnt Jay Rodriguez issue made many of us like Bong all the more.

Left back problems have plagued many PL games for us, that’s all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here