Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

i think even city couldnt score if they had NINE defending...when we get the ball only committing 2 into their half so we will only score if one of their defenders hacks our player down and we win a penalty

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
D79FA8A7-8712-47D9-8DD3-86085AE64ABD.png

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. As if Bong not being on the field would make any difference. Will be staying well away from the doommongers on here when we eventually lose 5-0.
We're away at the Champions England.
Have a bit of perspective, you utterly miserable miserable old men. Pathetic.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
37 mins
Locadia feeding on scraps
Man City 1-0 Brighton

Brighton striker Jurgen Locadia is feeding on scraps today, showing for the ball whenever the Seagulls get it back, but rarely getting a pass that gives him a chance to do any damage on the break.

He has touched the ball nine times in 35 minutes. Fewest touches so far? That's Seagulls midfielder Davy Propper, who has managed just six as he chases shadows and tries to shield his side's defence.

* City's David Silva has had 50, just for reference.

D

Deleted member 2719

Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. As if Bong not being on the field would make any difference. Will be staying well away from the doommongers on here when we eventually lose 5-0.

I hope you don't mind me saying you sound miserable..........................young man.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Also, if Bong had angled his run more to get closer to Sterling, he would have been slightly further behind him, and still wouldn't have got to the ball. That's not bad play - Sterling is so quick, how do you beat him in a straight run like that?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Also, if Bong had angled his run more to get closer to Sterling, he would have been slightly further behind him, and still wouldn't have got to the ball. That's not bad play - Sterling is so quick, how do you beat him in a straight run like that?

and if he was closer to the goal, that would be awful positioning.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

I'm not one to be abusing the team or players when we are losing (and I think the game plan has worked pretty well first half) but Bong had done the hard work and had caught up with Sterling but at the last moment lost his man. He had to stay tighter.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Honestly can't see how Bong is slated for that goal, if he'd swung a leg at the ball with his weaker foot running at pace could have easily shanked it in himself.

Can't argue with his positioning either, straight footrace with Stirling is not going to end well for many fullbacks

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
1-0 down at half time, not bad at all. Much better than I thought it would be.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Honestly can't see how Bong is slated for that goal, if he'd swung a leg at the ball with his weaker foot running at pace could have easily shanked it in himself

Some folks like a weekly Bong bashing. It's therapy for them.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
just 1-0 ... then again i dont remember City have too many more obvious clear chances ... well played Albion first half just need to choose the better pass when in possession in middle of field as far too often a stray pass gives it straight back to them ... more of the same second half and pinch a goal to get a:moo:1-1 win

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pretty much as expected....the good news is that we’re brilliant in the second half and have some serious quality to unleash off of the bench.

Up the Albion.

:bhasign:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here