Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Serously though,the best manager the club's had since Mullery and people are pissing their pants becase we lost to Spurs and Man City :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More to do with the fact we haven't won away since Nov 2017!

Hopefully away wins will be like buses. Any team battling down the bottom is going to have a poor record somewhere. This is the part of the premier league I was dreading, when fans sow seeds of discontent oblivious of the things they should be happy and positive about. When I watched us lose at home 2-0 to Millwall and heading back to League One I’d have laughed in your face if you’d said we’d beat ManUtd at home TWICE! But still, its the away stat that counts as that is the weak point at present.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Well, despite all the bickering going on on this thread, I had a good day out today.

We were never going to win at Citeh and it was always going be a damage limitation exercise, which we did very well. Despite not having much of the possession in the first half we certainly defended well away from home against "the best team in the Premier League".
Kayal was good in midfield for us after his impromptu appearance last weekend and surprised me by lasting the whole 90mins today as well. Montoya didn't do much wrong today, except pick up a booking for letting his man get past him in the 85th minute. Matty Ryan made a couple of world class saves today.
The whole team were looking out for each other and this is why we're staying up again this season - because we have a team that plays as a team!

I spent most of my journey home listening to Man Ure fans bleating about their team and manager on Radio 5's 6:06 programme and realised that money just can't buy what we have at Brighton - A team ethos. And long may it continue!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fulham was the shocker, they weren’t even that great and we went 2-0 down. More worryingly was the same mistakes as last season being made on the pitch. Spurs we made exactly the same mistakes as Fulham, I’m not going to name players it’s just frustrating I don’t think the summer window was that great either. AJ looks the stand out but never plays.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, despite all the bickering going on on this thread, I had a good day out today.

We were never going to win at Citeh and it was always going be a damage limitation exercise, which we did very well. Despite not having much of the possession in the first half we certainly defended well away from home against "the best team in the Premier League".
Kayal was good in midfield for us after his impromptu appearance last weekend and surprised me by lasting the whole 90mins today as well. Montoya didn't do much wrong today, except pick up a booking for letting his man get past him in the 85th minute. Matty Ryan made a couple of world class saves today.
The whole team were looking out for each other and this is why we're staying up again this season - because we have a team that plays as a team!

I spent most of my journey home listening to Man Ure fans bleating about their team and manager on Radio 5's 6:06 programme and realised that money just can't buy what we have at Brighton - A team ethos. And long may it continue!

I listened to that almost dedicated ManU Wake. Unhappy about Glazers, Woodward, Mourinho, Sanchez, Pogba, squad quality, you name it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hopefully away wins will be like buses. Any team battling down the bottom is going to have a poor record somewhere. This is the part of the premier league I was dreading, when fans sow seeds of discontent oblivious of the things they should be happy and positive about. When I watched us lose at home 2-0 to Millwall and heading back to League One I’d have laughed in your face if you’d said we’d beat ManUtd at home TWICE! But still, its the away stat that counts as that is the weak point at present.

I think winning away should take a bit more than hope!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does anyone think 2-0 down was a bad result for us ? I think it was a great result.

We lose 2-0'and you think it is great result!

Blimey

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We lose 2-0'and you think it is great result!

Blimey

Citeh are on a different planet to us, do we have a back 4 that cost more than our Stadium ?

We simply cannot compete against teams like this there is a massive gap so 2-0 loss away from home to me was a good result

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
City coasted through the game once they scored the second, giving the impression Murray looked better.

For me, Locadia did all you can expect of a lone striker playing in a team with 19% possession away to possibly the best team in Europe.

So you would play him in the next game?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Absolute garbage. We haven't won away since Swansea! The new players will hardly gel if they get 15/20min at the end once we are chasing a game! March is seemingly undroppable, at least in the eyes of CH. Bissouma is seemingly playing too deep, whether by design or circumstance.

same could be said of Propper, AK and Gross... If are to develop we need to be a bit more adventurous.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
After contemplating the game on the 6 hour trip home I still feel disappointed by the original selection and then the substitutions.

I still don't see what Locadia brings to the team and still feel that once Murray came on there was a bit more belief from other players and we upped our game. If I accept that he has to play to prove a point then by half time the point had been proven and bring on Murray or maybe Andone as he is not getting any game time.

Ali J should be given a start as well or at least come on with time to get into the game. Looked lively and wanted to play.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Well he doesn't mind boring us to stay up but our away performances are just taking the mangers orders too far!

Others thoughts from the day, is the area part of England or a former colony? Never moan about Amex staff ever again thay are like Ussain Bolt in comparison. Their fans aren't up to much but they have been forced to be a massive club when they just aren't. And finally our fans in the upper tier lower part are moaning plastics telling everyone to sit down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here