Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Seaside Town - Newhaven based TV show!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Watched all the episodes last night.
Well done Gripper, nice to see the sights of Newhaven on the screen, Gibbon Road etc :D
I spend a fair few hours at Newhaven FC ( especially in the bar ) I haven't seen Keeley at a match though :wink:

I wonder if anyone else spotted the great George Best putting in an appearance ( not everyone will get this )

Pedant alert- Why were the Newhaven team training on the pitch of their rivals Denton?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Well done Gripper, nice to see the sights of Newhaven on the screen, Gibbon Road etc :D
I spend a fair few hours at Newhaven FC ( especially in the bar ) I haven't seen Keeley at a match though :wink:

I wonder if anyone else spotted the great George Best putting in an appearance ( not everyone will get this )

Pedant alert- Why were the Newhaven team training on the pitch of their rivals Denton?
Well spotted!

We were due to shoot the training scenes at Fort Road but they had a cup game rearranged.

Denton FC bailed us out at the last minute!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

yeah,I spotted GB hanging on the wall,the day he played for Newhaven! :thumbsup:

love that aerial view of Fort Road Rec

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Showed my two boys last night (my youngest mentioned you had been into Seahaven Academy to talk about it) & they thought it was brilliant. My eldest saw a couple of people he knew which he had a chuckle at, including the young lad "Damo Best?" near the beginning who he used to play football with!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Showed my two boys last night (my youngest mentioned you had been into Seahaven Academy to talk about it) & they thought it was brilliant. My eldest saw a couple of people he knew which he had a chuckle at, including the young lad "Damo Best?" near the beginning who he used to play football with!

That was Bailey Dean. I used to play for Newhaven Under 18's with his Dad. I am old.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
About 6 months ago I met with the guys from the Newhaven Regeneration Group. They asked me to make a TV series for them!

Here it is. Seaside Town - out on Amazon Prime in November and if you'd like to support the project on DVD here - www.seasidetown.tv

Enjoy... and if you get a chance to share the trailer that'd be great. x

https://youtu.be/vM6-uVQYyvs

Howdy

What age range is this suitable for? Is it appropriate for a 9 year old? Reckon my son would love to watch it.

Ta

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My son,23, was in the lounge when I put this on and said it is based in Newhaven. He watched a couple of minutes and I said you played against Denton when you were about 7. He said, really. Then went to his room to watch something else. [emoji21]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
yeah,I spotted GB hanging on the wall,the day he played for Newhaven! :thumbsup:

love that aerial view of Fort Road Rec

There is also a framed shirt from the match hanging on the wall in the bar, not sure if it's the one Best was wearing in the game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
http://www.ournewhaven.org.uk/page_id__2374.aspx It was true George Best and Stan Bowles played

I know George Best played in the match, my wife went to the game and has got the programme.
Also there is a photo of Best playing in the match hanging in the Newhaven FC bar.
I have also seen the link from that site, thanks.

I'm just not sure if the shirt hanging in the Newhaven bar was Best's match worn shirt, or it's just another players shirt from the same game.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I know George Best played in the match, my wife went to the game and has got the programme.
Also there is a photo of Best playing in the match hanging in the Newhaven FC bar.
I have also seen the link from that site, thanks.

I'm just not sure if the shirt hanging in the Newhaven bar was Best's match worn shirt, or it's just another players shirt from the same game.
I went to the game too. Oddly my only memory of it was Tommy Boyd, who's radio show I was obsessed with at the time, came on as a sub!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here