Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7th birthday free shirt

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I would like to complain now for four years into the future when they refuse to give my then seven year old the adult kit that will probably be necessary partly to fit the massive unit he's shaping up to be but mostly to have a neck hole sufficiently large to squeeze his gargantuan melon through. Barber out!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You both missed the post and the point.

There is not a home shirt for a 7-y-o. Not in the shop, not on Seagulls Driect and not in some secret stock held for birthday claimants. The shirt simply doesn't exist as it's not manufactured. The smallest size is 8-10 (see here)

The shirt for 6-7 year olds is not the proper kit (see it here), and from what [MENTION=543]Rich Suvner[/MENTION] is saying, it also can't be claimed as the birthday gift anyway.

Is that not what I said?

The (8-10) Birthday shirt is different as it doesn’t have the PL badges on the sleeve.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
that the voucher is only available for home strip (that's fine)

This bit is crazy. The green and yellow shirts are, of course, available in XS.

I bought my son the Little Kids kit for his 6th birthday... and returned it the minute I saw it. Looks like an eBay knock-off from Thailand.

He already has the yellow kit from last Xmas, doesn't like the dark green kit (obviously), so I bought him... the new Barcelona away kit, which he loves.

Great work everyone!

(Hope the mess is sorted before his 7th)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Hmmm, this corporate community customer stuff just ain’t joined up.
This is a bit like Lidl offering a limited number of items for sale while stocks last - just to get you in the shop and then say they had run out (when they didn’t have any in the first place).
With all his corporate bo**ocks I am really surprised that Barber has allowed this to happen.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I picked up my Grand daughters free shirt at the first home game this season (you have to take voucher and kids ID to ticket office where they have the shirts for this)

She's not that big.

The shirt fits her.

end of story

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hmmm, this corporate community customer stuff just ain’t joined up.
This is a bit like Lidl offering a limited number of items for sale while stocks last - just to get you in the shop and then say they had run out (when they didn’t have any in the first place).
With all his corporate bo**ocks I am really surprised that Barber has allowed this to happen.

They probably do thousands of free shirts for 7 year old each year with nothing but delighted children and parents without issue.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This bit is crazy. The green and yellow shirts are, of course, available in XS.

I bought my son the Little Kids kit for his 6th birthday... and returned it the minute I saw it. Looks like an eBay knock-off from Thailand.

He already has the yellow kit from last Xmas, doesn't like the dark green kit (obviously), so I bought him... the new Barcelona away kit, which he loves.

Great work everyone!

(Hope the mess is sorted before his 7th)

I don’t think there is a mess, your son will no doubt be the proud delighted owner of a brand new size 8-10 home shirt.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You both missed the post and the point.

There is not a home shirt for a 7-y-o. Not in the shop, not on Seagulls Driect and not in some secret stock held for birthday claimants. The shirt simply doesn't exist as it's not manufactured. The smallest size is 8-10 (see here)

The shirt for 6-7 year olds is not the proper kit (see it here), and from what [MENTION=543]Rich Suvner[/MENTION] is saying, it also can't be claimed as the birthday gift anyway.

Is that not what I said?

The (8-10) Birthday shirt is different as it doesn’t have the PL badges on the sleeve.

No I get all that. Last season I’m certain seagulls direct said the same thing but there WAS a smaller size of shirt in the special stash behind the ticket office where you claim the free shirt (proper one).I’m pretty sure that was the case as I remember looking at seagulls direct originally and thinking it was odd. They even said something about a ‘special stash’ and nothing to do with the shirts on the shop floor when we got one. I think.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I picked up my Grand daughters free shirt at the first home game this season (you have to take voucher and kids ID to ticket office where they have the shirts for this)

She's not that big.

The shirt fits her.

end of story

This is outrageous. Why hasn’t this corporate giant made her cry and turn her back on the Albion........ And they have the audacity not to charge. FFS Barber, if you’re not careful you’re gonna have loads of young kids supporting the Albion and wearing the shirt. Don’t you realise they don’t have much disposable income at that age?
And what about her Grandad, who’s he gonna support now?
Disgusting

D

Deleted member 2719

Are you still having a tantrum despite you quite clearly being in the wrong? :lolol:

Nope hardly a tantrum, just trying to help out Rich.

Who knows I might help you one day Whitechapel.

A tip for you to take away, if a company is rude and unhelpful and generally don't give a shite about you. Don't spend money with them however much you love the brand.

Try it Whitechapel, I dare you. It's all about principles.

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] - I hope you reconsider mate. You’re missing out on the best years that you deserve. Let it go now and love on?
I have reconsidered it sheebo and was awaiting an apology from the club to the way I was treated as a customer, it never happened. So I will never spend another penny with them until they do or Barber leaves or is fired.

Now TV, BBC Sussex and MOTD are now my friends!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yes and the club won't substitute one for the other despite the fact my son won't fit the 8-10 shirt (for a few years i'd imagine)!!!

So I have a voucher to buy a shirt that won't fit my 7 year old. And will have to pay to buy him a shirt that does fit, and is stocked by the club for 7 year olds. I'd suggest that this a flawed scheme. If you don't have the stock for the age group, change the scheme to free shirt on your 8th birthday!

For pete's sake it's a bl**dy free shirt. If you don't want it don't get it and buy one yourself.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Anyone seen Rich suvner and Mouldy boots in the same room......I haven't and I've known Mouldy for 35 years!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Does this still exist? My 6 year old is 7 in 2 weeks & he wants a kit for his birthday. My 10 year old got a free shirt- but does this still exist now we are in the premiership (ps - that's deliberate - premier league ffs)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yes, provided the child has had a membership for at least a season prior to the one in which their birthday falls (and you remember to renew).

You get a voucher and have to take it to the ticket office at the Amex to redeem on a non-match day (monumental pain when you live in Surrey or beyond).

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Yes, provided the child has had a membership for at least a season prior to the one in which their birthday falls (and you remember to renew).

You get a voucher and have to take it to the ticket office at the Amex to redeem on a non-match day (monumental pain when you live in Surrey or beyond).

Cool. He's had 1 for last 3 season's & I've renewed. I wonder when I'll get the voucher- possibly in his birthday card..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here