Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ryder cup 2018.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Ryder Cup is a fantastic sporting event.
But the over the top celebrations, the constant fist pumping, but especially the cheering and celebration of poor shots and missed putts is unacceptable, I know the yanks do it but this is golf, good shots should be applauded and bad shots met in silence.
I love the occasion and the excitement but find the rest of it very cringeworthy, it's far too over the top.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
But the over the top celebrations, the constant fist pumping, but especially the cheering and celebration of poor shots and missed putts is unacceptable, I know the yanks do it but this is golf, good shots should be applauded and bad shots met in silence.
I love the occasion and the excitement but find the rest of it very cringeworthy, it's far too over the top.

Correct.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Picking we old cards with Ryder Cup pedigree pays off.

Who'd have thunk it?!

Wild cards ......don't know what auto correct has been drinking

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Overall I love alot of that, but without bad sportsmanship. But the little pricks jostling and ruining interviews don’t deserve to be there.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Whats wrong with it, its not golf in the normal sense and its a one off every now and again. The players are never part of a team normally and this is their world cup final etc why not celebrate to be part of the team

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Magnificent effort ...great team effort and brilliant singles against a lot better opponents. Poulter winning 2 against the worlds best player is just incredible, especially coming with the final hole loss of Rory!

Brilliant reaction from butch there when the American shushed everyone after winning...." enough of that crap, show some class..."

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Cheering and clapping when the American hit his ball in the water there, and further cheers when he stumbled walking down the hill!

Not sure I’m too worried about cheering the water hazard shot but I am uncomfortable with the stumbling down hill cheering!

The sceptic fans will be looking for payback in 2020!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here