Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ryder cup 2018.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So in the singles, who will they put against woods?

I think Rose and macilroy will go up against Dj and speith respectively, but maybe stennson against woods.

Woods looks shot this morning and Mikelson was really dreadful. almost as bad as I played today :-(

It depends how the Yanks are doing really and whether they load their top half if they are well behind. If they go into the singles 4 down expect their top players to go early.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It depends how the Yanks are doing really and whether they load their top half if they are well behind. If they go into the singles 4 down expect their top players to go early.
Top players? The question was about Woods. [emoji6]

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm brilliant at spending three days sat in front of the TV, drinking beer and enhancing my knowledge about every intricacy of the tournament.

In fact, better than that, I watched loads of the stuff that they did in the build up, particularly the endless reruns of 2012 from every player's perspective. Leaving the house was not an option.

That's what real sport is all about!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Top players? The question was about Woods. [emoji6]
Move it on young man. The chap was wondering about match ups.
Tiger Woods never seems to be enjoying himself does he ? ...... his scowl could rival Mourinho’s.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Move it on young man. The chap was wondering about match ups.
Tiger Woods never seems to be enjoying himself does he ? ...... his scowl could rival Mourinho’s.
Merely a cheap gag as Tiger was rubbish today. [emoji16]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Merely a cheap gag as Tiger was rubbish today. [emoji16]

He was indeed Llcool. I have always wanted to like Woods - especially since his life was opened to all but I struggle somewhat with him.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Exactly. I am utterly shit at golf but I'm brilliant at spending three days sat in front of the TV, drinking beer and enhancing my knowledge about every intricacy of the tournament.

In fact, better than that, I watched loads of the stuff that they did in the build up, particularly the endless reruns of 2012 from every player's perspective. Leaving the house was not an option.

These jokers who actually go outside and play sport need to pipe down. It's us pissed up couch potatoes who know what's what.

**** you Danny Murphy. #neverplayedthegame [emoji23]

7.30 AM drinking beer is a bit early for even myself:lol:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Was woods actually rubbish? He made 3 birdies which is more than Johnson and fowler isn’t it? It is just that they played Rory and Olesen who got fewer birdies than woods did combined (they had one or two). Fowler and Dustin would have been hammered by Casey and Hatton, I think.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
In another note the East Sussex National was built with one eye on hosting the Ryder Cup, wouldn’t that be just fantastic for East Sussex if this wonderful tournament was held there!!

I think it was built for PGA tour events held one and that was it. It's a nice course but a Dustin Johnson drive away from being a Ryder Cup venue.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Exactly. I am utterly shit at golf but I'm brilliant at spending three days sat in front of the TV, drinking beer and enhancing my knowledge about every intricacy of the tournament.

These jokers who actually go outside and play sport need to pipe down. It's us pissed up couch potatoes who know what's what.

**** you Danny Murphy. #neverplayedthegame [emoji23]

Bloody hell that rant made me laugh, keep 'em coming.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't get it … in fact I don't get a lot of things. Why is anyone interested in supporting Europe. Would we support a European team in football? I don't think so.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I don't get it … in fact I don't get a lot of things. Why is anyone interested in supporting Europe. Would we support a European team in football? I don't think so.

If there was a continental football world cup which pitted S. America vs N. America vs Europe vs Asia vs Africa (I think we can forget about Antarctica), who would you support?

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I think it was built for PGA tour events held one and that was it. It's a nice course but a Dustin Johnson drive away from being a Ryder Cup venue.

ESN held the European Open twice in the early 90s but is nowhere near long enough now. I went to both events and enjoyed them immensely. Can't believe they were 25 years ago !!

I have no idea why Franny and Tommy are odds against Tiger and Twatrick and fully expect them to win again. 11/10 is a gift, in my opinion, and have helped myself accordingly.

It should be another great day.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
ESN held the European Open twice in the early 90s but is nowhere near long enough now. I went to both events and enjoyed them immensely. Can't believe they were 25 years ago !!

I have no idea why Franny and Tommy are odds against Tiger and Twatrick and fully expect them to win again. 11/10 is a gift, in my opinion, and have helped myself accordingly.

It should be another great day.

Did I read that the 18th green at ESN has potential spectator capacity of 12,000?

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I’d be surprised if it was big enough for 12000 given that the stand this year has 6,900 and the spaces was nowhere near that large.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Great stuff from Europe this morning so far. Got to keep the foot down whilst the opposition are spraying it all over Paris.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Well there's a surprise. The only negative post on a thread comes from Goldstone. You're certainly right that you don't get a lot of things though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here