Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] If you could travel back in time just once for one week where and when would you go to?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
May 2016. Tell Boris Johnson there's no buses available to hire until July.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd go back to the week we played Wigan a couple of years ago. Not just for that day, but I had a run in with someone at work a couple of days afterwards which ultimately led to me losing my job. I'd have definitely kept my mouth shut there, and would probably have gone on to better things than I currently have done!

I thought about mentioning the Wigan match week. I’d have hanged around to go boozing in Brighton with the players mob, by train of course.

I hope things work out for you work wise. When you’re in a job you love eventually, you may look back on events as what was meant to be. :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A few more questions before I make my decision....

Can you change history ?
Can you kill people ?
Can you marry someone ?
Can you take someone with you ?
When do come back, as in do you say go away on Monday 1st Oct and come back Monday 8th October ?
Can you bring something or someone back with you ?
Do you have to eat what ever was available at the chosen time you go, or can you take say a backpack pack lunch kinda thing.
Can we take modern things, like say a machine gun and go to say 1066 and join in ? or a lighter and torch and go back to cavemen times ?

Giraffe and I have already booked you a room at the Jerusalem Premier Inn. Grab your sandals, it'll be a blast!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Would love to go back to the "Wild West" Frontier. Always been fascinated with that period c1860-, and have read loads of books written from both sides.
1950's America would be a great time to visit too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
See this is why I ask, I hate sandals, can I wear Desert Boots, Shorts and a t-shirt, I don't wanna wear one of the itchy robes, and do they even have underpants ?

Undergarments
'ezor, ḥagor
The earliest and most basic garment was the 'ezor (/eɪˈzɔːr/ ay-ZOR, all pronunciations are approximate)[3] or ḥagor (/xəˈɡɔːr/ khə-GOR),[4] an apron around the hips or loins,[5] that in primitive times was made from the skins of animals.[1] It was a simple piece of cloth worn in various modifications, but always worn next to the skin.[5] Priests wore an 'ezor of linen known as a 'ephodh.[5] If worn for mourning, it was called a saḳ.[5]

When garments were held together by a belt or girdle, the cloth was also called an 'ezor or ḥagor.[1]

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
You're the age you are now.... however, I may have also overlooked to mention you are relieved of any physical ailments you currently have which might compromise mobility as you may not be able to rely on the benefits of a mobility scooter for transportation. Think Captain Flint in the Star Trek episode "The Menagerie" and you'll get the general idea.[/url]

The age you are now, but experiencing your own birth! :sick:

Sorry Mum, this is going to smart more than a little!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Back to 22nd January 2013, 10 Downing Street. I'd explain to David Cameron that his planned announcement the next day of an unnecessary and badly thought through referendum on EU membership in order to placate the swivel-eyed loons in the Tory party will seriously screw-up the country for the long-term foreseeable future... Cheers Dave.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I would pick the week in circa 2002 where Rachel Stevens of S Club 7 split up with a boyfriend.

As long as the scenario is like Groundhog Day/week, I would spend the continuous loops learning more and more about young Rachel, gradually WOOING her more and more until I reach official rebound status.

Or stop Hitler. Whatever.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A few more questions before I make my decision....

Can you change history ?
Can you kill people ?
Can you marry someone ?
Can you take someone with you ?
When do come back, as in do you say go away on Monday 1st Oct and come back Monday 8th October ?
Can you bring something or someone back with you ?
Do you have to eat what ever was available at the chosen time you go, or can you take say a backpack pack lunch kinda thing.
Can we take modern things, like say a machine gun and go to say 1066 and join in ? or a lighter and torch and go back to cavemen times ?
Some of these I've already clarified but just to make clear:
1. No you can't change history
2. No you cant kill people (or mutilate their genitals [MENTION=34281]pearl[/MENTION])
3. No you can't marry someone as there would obviously be commitment issues which would invalidate your vows. Copulation however is permitted and indeed probably unavoidable if you are planning on visiting one of the Roman orgies which are proving quite popular.
4. Probably best to go on your own as less chance of getting into mischief.
5. You can't bring anyone back with you. You can bring back bits of rock, pieces of wood, patches of turf etc but no historical artefacts so no cutting off slithers from the base of the cross mid crucifixion. Please show a bit of decorum.
6.You can take sandwiches and a flask to cover your first days travel but after that you have to adapt to the local diet.
7. No machine guns are permitted (as I said earlier no killing is permitted). You can take a torch but a lighter is only permitted if you are going back to caveman times post the discovery of fire otherwise you run the risk of upsetting the course of history by introducing the discovery of fire far too early in history which could have untold consequences upon your return such as the discovery of prehistoric cave paintings depicting a homo erectus with a quiff and turned up jeans holding a small beacon of light.

I hope I have covered everything for you

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
2. No you cant kill people (or mutilate their genitals [MENTION=34281]pearl[/MENTION])
3. No you can't marry someone as there would obviously be commitment issues which would invalidate your vows. Copulation however is permitted and indeed probably unavoidable if you are planning on visiting one of the Roman orgies which are proving quite popular.
5. You can't bring anyone back with you. You can bring back bits of rock, pieces of wood, patches of turf etc but no historical artefacts so no cutting off slithers from the base of the cross mid crucifixion. Please show a bit of decorum.
6.You can take sandwiches and a flask to cover your first days travel but after that you have to adapt to the local diet.
7. No machine guns are permitted (as I said earlier no killing is permitted). You can take a torch but a lighter is only permitted if you are going back to caveman times post the discovery of fire otherwise you run the risk of upsetting the course of history by introducing the discovery of fire far too early in history which could have untold consequences upon your return such as the discovery of prehistoric cave paintings depicting a homo erectus with a quiff and turned up jeans holding a small beacon of light.

BOO!!!! :tantrum:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Not quite, I no longer have a quiff, due to a higher than normal testosterone level.
So my final question is, I have to be this age, but can I have hair please.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

**** me. You really have taken the fun out of your own thread. I think I'll just stay home and have a **** and a pot noodle.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Don't be too upset, it appears that someone has already beaten you to it....

main-qimg-a9b33bc8f45d3315f7ff2863b775b589-c.jpeg

SAC

May 21, 2014
Music or football?
London 30 July 1966, WC final.
London 2 November 1979, The Marquee, John’s Boys (The Jam). My brother went but my dad said I was too young

Others would be the IoW festival 1970, The Who at the Marquee Club 16/3/64. I'd chose a Kinks or Small Faces gig but not sure I could stand all the screaming girls. Likewise the Beatles.

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
I'd head right to the end of Victorian Britain, just before WW1 changed how society is, think Downton Abbey era but I'd base myself in London, I'd love to see how the city was right at the height of heavy Industry before H&S was an issue workhouse an all.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
July 24, 1969. See if I could sneak on to Apollo 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here