Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] If you could travel back in time just once for one week where and when would you go to?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If you could travel back in time just once for one week where and when would you go to and who, if anyone would you like to encounter?

You can go as far or as little back in time as you wish and wherever you want but you only get to do it once and only for a week.

You can also meet or encounter whoever you like from that period in time.

For that one week you also have the ability to understand and speak the language of the place you are visiting. You will also be immune from death or serious injury.

So would it be Biblical times, tudor times, the American Wild West, the French or Russian Revolutions, Swinging Sixties London, and even watch England win the World Cup while you're there, or would you like to experience the Punk Rock scene because you were born just a little to late to catch it?...the world and time is your oyster.

Back to just before the 1923 railway grouping to travel around the network with the equivalent of an all line railrover and a somehow perpetually charged and functioning smartphone for photos and journey planning.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Go back to a particular week, when we were playing at the Goldstone, and I was earning my Albion stripes in the North Stand, as a yoof.
Then turning round to some other young lad, and saying "one day all this will be yours: :wink:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd probably go back about 20 years so I could spend a week with my mum again.

:(

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Christmas 1978, in our little council house, to spend a week with my Nan again watching the Christmas TV and eating crisps. She was basically my Mum.

Miss the old girl.

If you want me to be arty farty and cultural - I'd like to go back in time to the height of Rome, and attend one of those mental orgies. Oh, and you know... ummm... see the amphitheatres and architecture, and art, and.. stuff.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Go back to the week God supposedly created the universe and all the bits and bobs...........then give trading standards a call..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
24 to 31 July 1902. I'd watch the whole of the 4th test and see Trumper get a century before lunch and Darling hit the first test match sixes in England; see Tate drop his catch, Ranji bat, and then experience the exciting finish (the closest in England until 2005). I'd then hop over to Essex for the next game and see Trumper make a ton in each innings and Kortright bowl (and see if he really was the quickest of all time).

That would be one fantastic week (and if I could stay any longer, I'd see the Sussex match and the dramatic 5th test too)

Mark Mywords

Jun 21, 2016
1939 Berlin. Have a word with Mr Hitler and let him know what a sticky end he and his country will come to if he invades Poland, and maybe save about 50 million lives in the process.

Oh and fly back to Blighty to see me Mum and Dad when they were young and buy them a pint, well a house if I'm allowed and save them decades of poverty trying to pay the mortgage and bring us lot up.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be with the probe that landed on Titan, one of Saturn's moons. Lakes of methane gas in liquid form. Quite incredible.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Feb 84, just before I tor my cruciate ligaments. 21 years old and playing career over. Wasn't a high standard but it was playing football. What more could you want.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
1939 Berlin. Have a word with Mr Hitler and let him know what a sticky end he and his country will come to if he invades Poland, and maybe save about 50 million lives in the process.

Can see that backfiring, it might just make him a bit more cautious. Hmmmm maybe I von't open ze second front viz Russia.

If you're not allowed financial gain should you be allowed to alter history?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not sure it would need a week but I wouldn't mind witnessing the signing of the Magna Carta. If not that then a week in London around VE day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here