Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] If you could travel back in time just once for one week where and when would you go to?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Seeing family aside - if we are talking new experiences, as said already - the Dinosaur age. I want to see if our portrayal of them is accurate, or whether they actually all sound like Joe Pasquali, and make good pets.

Milano - I'm not copying you, but I also agree on the Roman orgy bit. When in Rome and all that!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Also I should have stipulated against contacting people you already know as this would cause too many problems both on a practical and psychological level. First you'd have to explain the presence of your older self, then there is the possibility of encountering your younger self. Your visit would have too much impact on altering your own personal history as such a visit would certainly impact on your own family history. And then there is the psychological effect of having to say goodbye all over again and re-experience feelings of grief and sudden loss. It would be too emotionally upsetting. So I'm afraid I am forbidding such visits for those reasons. Sorry.

I must say that I thought this too. As much as I miss my dad, trying to meet up with him again would not be on the agenda if I was given free use of a time machine - seeing him again for a brief while would cause unbearable pain. I'm really surprised at the number of people who'd want to see a dead loved one.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hmm, seeing as my dead family are barred I would like to visit rural Sussex before the Industrial revolution and learn some real time folklore and tales of Sussex etc.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I must say that I thought this too. As much as I miss my dad, trying to meet up with him again would not be on the agenda if I was given free use of a time machine - seeing him again for a brief while would cause unbearable pain. I'm really surprised at the number of people who'd want to see a dead loved one.

Yeah, it's bad enough having dreams about lost loved ones :nono:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Although not religious I am interested in Biblical history so to have been in Jerusalem in the week that Jesus was crucified and to lay eyes on him would be fascinating.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I would go back about 6 years and tell myself never to meet a certain lady who wasted 3 years of my life then cheated on me.
I would also give myself the name and address of my current wife so we would have 3 extra years together.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'd go back to the week we played Wigan a couple of years ago. Not just for that day, but I had a run in with someone at work a couple of days afterwards which ultimately led to me losing my job. I'd have definitely kept my mouth shut there, and would probably have gone on to better things than I currently have done!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I suppose it would be good to get some definitive answers on some of the mysteries of history. Would be good to see 1066, from a distance. Would be good to see how different Jesus was from how we've been told he was.

I'd like to see pre-regency Brighton

Also back to 97 for the atmosphere in the north stand would be good.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Although not religious I am interested in Biblical history so to have been in Jerusalem in the week that Jesus was crucified and to lay eyes on him would be fascinating.

Nah, waste of a time warp that one... Really a hunched back, middle eastern bloke nailed on a bit wood, a whole week !! he probably spent the time before the crucifixion in a stinky prison with rats and shite everywhere... feck that, if you really want to have that experience and see what Christ was like and how he died, don't waste a week, just pop to any middle eastern country for a few days now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nah, waste of a time warp that one... Really a hunched back, middle eastern bloke nailed on a bit wood, a whole week !! he probably spent the time before the crucifixion in a stinky prison with rats and shite everywhere... feck that, if you really want to have that experience and see what Christ was like and how he died, don't waste a week, just pop to any middle eastern country for a few days now.

I think that week was Passover so a big Festival of 300,000-400,000 people in town, then Jesus threw out the moneylenders and it all kicked off, Pontius Pilate in the shit, triple crucifixion and an almighty ruck, sounds tasty.

And on my return I'd really know if Jesus was the Son of God, or a simple prophet, or maybe just the Nigel Farage of his day.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think that week was Passover so a big Festival of 300,000-400,000 people in town, then Jesus threw out the moneylenders and it all kicked off, Pontius Pilate in the shit, triple crucifxion and an almighty ruck, sounds tasty.

And on my return I'd really know if Jesus was the Son of God, or a simple prophet, or maybe just the Nigel Farage of his day.

I think it is safe to say he was not the son of god, more like a freedom fighter with radical ideas for the time, which as usual got distorted and interpreted for various nefarious reasons by people who wrote, re wrote and changed history to suit their own ends. Still fascinating though, I'll give you that, but not a once in a life time trip though...

Each to their own, enjoy the trip, and let me know how it goes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it is safe to say he was not the son of god, more like a freedom fighter with radical ideas for the time, which as usual got distorted and interpreted for various nefarious reasons by people who wrote, re wrote and changed history to suit their own ends. Still fascinating though, I'll give you that, but not a once in a life time trip though...

Each to their own, enjoy the trip, and let me know how it goes.

I'll get Jesus to sign an Easter Egg for you. Are you going anywhere interesting?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The last week or first week of Jesus’s life please. Just to see how it really was.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You're the age you are now.... however, I may have also overlooked to mention you are relieved of any physical ailments you currently have which might compromise mobility as you may not be able to rely on the benefits of a mobility scooter for transportation. Think Captain Flint in the Star Trek episode "The Menagerie" and you'll get the general idea.

A few more questions before I make my decision....

Can you change history ?
Can you kill people ?
Can you marry someone ?
Can you take someone with you ?
When do come back, as in do you say go away on Monday 1st Oct and come back Monday 8th October ?
Can you bring something or someone back with you ?
Do you have to eat what ever was available at the chosen time you go, or can you take say a backpack pack lunch kinda thing.
Can we take modern things, like say a machine gun and go to say 1066 and join in ? or a lighter and torch and go back to cavemen times ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here