Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away ticket availability

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Try that mileage for every home game then !!
Pathetic that people think it's hard getting out of your pit at silly o'clock for a couple of games.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

It might be news to you but most people have a lot more going on in their lives than football and the Albion.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
our away support was once good-very good, it's become very average - no doubt a symptom of the modern times and the Premier League.

all this nonsense about the style of play etc i can't take - remember where we've come from ffs, what ever happened to going to away games for a laugh with mates?

I still think our away support is excellent - up there with the best in terms of noise and support. Yes there's the odd away game that seems a bit flat for one reason or another, but far more often than not we are loud throughout. And our numbers are decent too considering where were are located and the fact that our support base is pretty localised on the whole. Personally I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of away support, and if more people are getting a chance to go this season who missed out last, that's not so bad either!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
As long as you're a member, it should be easy peasy lemon squeeze, shouldn't it?

It has been a lot easier this season thank you. Now that some of the newbie away supporters have ticked off the grounds we are managing to get tickets for away games that we had no chance with last season.
I dare say we will still have no chance with the games closer to home but I'm hopeful for next season as more away support falls away.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Dont understand this ?
This is a thread about away games isn't it ??
Never mentioned any week days or Sunday did I ??

Do i really need to spell it out? Most of our support is localised. Therefore traveling to away games such as the 6 coming up in a row is costly and time consuming, especially for those of us who have a lot more in their lives than football or who are financially constrained. Therefore those people will pick and choose their away games or not go at all. It's unusual that we've got so many long distance away games in a row, which probably hasn't helped sales either. It's not like we'll be taking a few hundred to these games anyway, even if some aren't sold out we'll still have decent numbers who'll make a lot of noise.

Your post called people pathetic for not wanting to get out of their pit at silly o clock for a couple of games. But clearly there's a lot more to it than just getting up early.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Do i really need to spell it out? Most of our support is localised. Therefore traveling to away games such as the 6 coming up in a row is costly and time consuming, especially for those of us who have a lot more in their lives than football or who are financially constrained. Therefore those people will pick and choose their away games or not go at all. It's unusual that we've got so many long distance away games in a row, which probably hasn't helped sales either. It's not like we'll be taking a few hundred to these games anyway, even if some aren't sold out we'll still have decent numbers who'll make a lot of noise.

Your post called people pathetic for not wanting to get out of their pit at silly o clock for a couple of games. But clearly there's a lot more to it than just getting up early.
No my point is that those that are going are moaning about having to get up early

No mention of people who can't afford to go etc in my post

Now get off your soapbox and calm down

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
the point being that excess demand for London tickets is dealt with by prioritizing people who can be bothered to go to the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield etc.
Stamping one's feet because the only away games some people want are just up the road is not going to generate a lot of sympathy.
There is no closed shop.

The first part is not really true, season ticket holders get priority over everyone else, so it matters not one jot whether I go to all the away games listed here, I will not get priority for London tickets. Dreadful place though, London :p I'm looking forward to Cardiff and Everton

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No my point is that those that are going are moaning about having to get up early

No mention of people who can't afford to go etc in my post

Now get off your soapbox and calm down

Ah, in that case I do apologise!

*must read thread properly

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Funny about Everton. I have an Evertonian mate who is dead scared of Brighton. Said we always mashed the place up.

We had a bad experience on the bus from the station to Stanley Park! It ended up a huge punch up on the bus and one of our guys threw a Everton fan down the stairs...I think he wasn't in a very good condition afterwards as when we got back to the station the police were stopping everyone trying to find out who was on the bus.

Couldn't wait to get out of Liverpool that day!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The first part is not really true, season ticket holders get priority over everyone else, so it matters not one jot whether I go to all the away games listed here, I will not get priority for London tickets. Dreadful place though, London :p I'm looking forward to Cardiff and Everton

True. My point referenced prioritizing amongst season ticket holders but we've had the STH/non STH debate many times :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We had a bad experience on the bus from the station to Stanley Park! It ended up a huge punch up on the bus and one of our guys threw a Everton fan down the stairs...I think he wasn't in a very good condition afterwards as when we got back to the station the police were stopping everyone trying to find out who was on the bus.

Couldn't wait to get out of Liverpool that day!

I think the Everton 'fans' targeted every bus back to the station on our first visit in Division 1 and carried on with running fights around the station. It was so bad from the Everton 'fans' they were attacking girls on the bus in fact everyone with range. No wonder only about 30 fans made the trip the following season.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I think the Everton 'fans' targeted every bus back to the station on our first visit in Division 1 and carried on with running fights around the station. It was so bad from the Everton 'fans' they were attacking girls on the bus in fact everyone with range. No wonder only about 30 fans made the trip the following season.
Yep, we were on one of those busses, we were commenting that it was more crowded on the return trip, when it suddenly went off. Luckily we only had 2 smallish Scousers near us giving it large, we were able to deal with them... but further forward there were some tasty thugs whacking everyone in reach.... carnage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here