Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Reading = dabbing

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Have I missed something, or are they just protesting that their team is near the bottom of the League????

Oh yes, and that their ground's too big for them.:D

This is an odd one. Although that notice suggests that the crapness of the football is their issue, they are actually facing some worrying off-field issues. Since John Madejski sold out to the Russian Zingarevich in 2012, they've had Thai and now Chinese owners whose motives are frustratingly opaque. The Thais seemed more interested in selling the land around the stadium (which away fans will know is extensive and used for car-parking and park-and-ride on non-match days), while the two Chinese brothers who own them now seem more interested in their Chinese Super League club than the lowly Royals. Friends of mine who support the Biscuitmen (as, to their credit, they always refer to them), see parallels with the P*rtsm**th situation of a decade ago.

But hey, dab on ...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't they have some campaign called PANTS once - Players Are Not Trying Sufficiently ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Surely if each one turned up wearing one of these (made of tin) on their head it would be more symbolic?
(handle pointing frontwards)

food-pot-kitchen-cooking.jpg

SAC

May 21, 2014
This is an odd one. Although that notice suggests that the crapness of the football is their issue, they are actually facing some worrying off-field issues. Since John Madejski sold out to the Russian Zingarevich in 2012, they've had Thai and now Chinese owners whose motives are frustratingly opaque. The Thais seemed more interested in selling the land around the stadium (which away fans will know is extensive and used for car-parking and park-and-ride on non-match days), while the two Chinese brothers who own them now seem more interested in their Chinese Super League club than the lowly Royals. Friends of mine who support the Biscuitmen (as, to their credit, they always refer to them), see parallels with the P*rtsm**th situation of a decade ago.

But hey, dab on ...

Thanks for this, I had no idea who owned them.

It's an odd form of protest but perhaps the oddness, if people do join in, is what will get them the publicity they need.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I used to dislike Reading's own crap internet forum. As they marched up the divisions, there was always this smug thread where they'd post links to what other fans thought of them. We'd feature prominently. It would be links to threads on other forums where opponents fans would be moaning at their own team, but somebody would also talk about their tiny support or drums or bobblehatters - that sort of thing. They'd pull it apart and lap it up as apparent "bitterness". Whenever anyone here dared to suggest what a noddy outfit they are, they'd all guffaw away as if we were historical equals and if they were tin pot then so were we. And on and on it went.

Now of course, their gates have tumbled to Rotherham levels, their team is absolute toilet and league one looks only a matter of time. But amusingly, that thread appears to have sunk without trace. The smugness has gone. Because it seems Reading really are shit, and their fans really are noddy. Noddy enough to have a "dab" protest, apparently because they're not very good. I really do get tempted to post smugly about how well we're doing these days, how we are getting nearly 3 times as many fans as them and how pleased we are that we decided against Liam Moore and got a proper proven defender in instead, until I remember I'm a grown-up. :lolol:

If one of the 10 or 11 Reading diehards passing by here happen to see this wonderful thread, feel free to link this thread in your own ancient, long smug one. Oh, and you can shove your two bob protest up your arse. You're only getting relegated you soppy tin pot twats.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here is that smug thread I was referring to:

http://www.royals.org/forum/viewtop...brighton&sid=d0423661f7ad810ff092d600e3ae647f

It started in August 2013 and YET seems to have stopped nearly half a year ago. I wonder why? Maybe seeing other fans taking the piss out of them isn't funny anymore? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Cast your mind back to when Coppell left us for them, most of us aspired to have a stadium like theirs and used them as a yardstick of where we’d like to be :smile:

But it’s great that we look at them as a tinpot team again, just like we did when they played at Elm Park. Status quo is restored at last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here