Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robbie Savage's 6 games at Brighton "saved his life"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As GOM says. I think regular listeners to the podcast will have changed their minds about him, he is obviously quite a vulnerable chap with insecurities he tries to cover up with flamboyance.

For those of you who watch strictly, saw that in bucket loads from him. I also changed my mind about him on that show

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I work with Sav occasionally and I have nothing but good words to say about him. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and he is genuine. Of course he plays a panto role, but in an industry where people can be distant and seperate from the worker bees he goes above and beyond to include everyone.

A guy I know has done a fair bit of driving for him and he said he's a really nice, genuine (and generous) bloke with none of the "don't you know who I am" attitude that some other football/media people have. Sounds like you've experienced the same.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
At Companies House his limited company accounts (no 04319677) give us the answer. In error they reveal too much, as his accountants could've filed in effect just a balance sheet.

They show a corporation tax liability of £96k, so he's making a profit of £500k per annum from his media and guest speaker work. That CT figure is rising, so his work is increasing.

(I didn't realise this was so lucrative).

Whats the a/c Y/E for those accounts though ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To 30th April 2017.

Unlike CPFC, he's not late with the next set, with it being perfectly normal and legal to file those in January 2019.

That's true. Not late with the accounts

Given that this article falls in the Accounting Year to 30th April 2019 - Everyone has leave to bounce this thread to me if Profits in that period are similar or greater.

I will happily apologise and eat my words

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oddly in this piece from the telegraph ten years ago it says he had a black convertible Mercedes !
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...int-at-Brighton-and-Hove-Albion-Football.html

Definitely a white Lambo convertible, we watched him letting a whole bunch of kids sit in it atfer a match at Withdean and took photos. Even tried to help manoeuvre a youngster in a wheelchair in. They were all completely made up, he must have spent 20-30 minutes with them having photos taken, signing autographs, and letting his motor get all gunked up. I like him, shame he wasn’t better for us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here