Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    It does also bring into sharp focus our league 'form'.
    We have basically beaten a mid-table championship side, and dropped points in all our Premier League matches.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Did Mourinho lambast his side in the press again? His fall from grace as a manager players will run through brick walls for seems to be complete and his slagging off off individual players shows a complete lack of class, and cannot be good for team moral either. He used to be a manager who instilled a commendable us vs them mentality in his teams, now he’s a grumpy disillusioned dinosaur and his team do not seem to be playing for him.

Long may it continue.

Well done Derby, what a great night for the club and fans.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It does also bring into sharp focus our league 'form'.
      We have basically beaten a mid-table championship side, and dropped points in all our Premier League matches.
      Haha, classic use of stats there statto, be as selective as you like, how many years is it since we lost at home to Man Utd?
      We should do a thread of true but totally deceptive stats
      OT reminds me of a quote I heard in IT 'the nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from'

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HastingsSeagull View Post
      If they were playing away at Barnet or somewhere then totally agree. But this is a match at a huge ground and is a bit different. Expect most of the players would view the two scenarios differently.
      I was just about to post something alone these lines. Let's see if he picks a full strength team if they draw Blackpool or Burton next...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      The belief Derby will get from that result cannot be under-estimated. 8 great penalties, 7 of them the keeper didn't even touch, the kids leading the way.
      It didn't do us much good 10 years ago beating Man City on penalties. Within 6 months we were in the relegation zone, manager sacked & needed the Great Escape.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      It didn't do us much good 10 years ago beating Man City on penalties. Within 6 months we were in the relegation zone, manager sacked & needed the Great Escape.
      I would suggest that this Derby team have considerably more talent and ability than we did back then. Also, they just knocked out Man Utd in front of the Stretford End. We'll see how things pan out.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      I would suggest that this Derby team have considerably more talent and ability than we did back then. Also, they just knocked out Man Utd in front of the Stretford End. We'll see how things pan out.
      Exactly, what would we give for a Cup result like that?
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I'd be tweeting it if that were the case, even if clicks onto NSC earns nowhere near as much as, oh I don't know, Football Whispers to pick a site at random...
      Football rumours is, in my opinion, clickbait shite. Not sure why you're dragging me into that.

If Derby blow up due to fixture congestion and having a fringe squad lacking match sharpness then it'll be interesting to see if he's still getting praise. But then you might argue they always blow up anyway...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      We moan about players pulling out of squads for an international friendly, where’s the pride? where’s the passion? they only play x amount of games a season, disgraceful over paid and pampered etc etc. We hate international breaks for ruining any good run of form and momentum that our team has, we want to win the F A Cup, EFL Cup, but not at the expense of our league position come the end of the season, so why do we pick youngsters and fringe squad players? waste of time, effort and money as we meekly depart that competion for yet another season.
      Now, we deride a young manager for playing a full strength team and going for it, trying to progress in a competition that surely we would all love to win? and the best some can do is mock that decision as folly, as come the end of the season said club might miss out on promotion because they had a great cup run, or even won the thing, if your first team can’t carry that momentum of a good cup run into their league form, they will miss out on promotion because there were 3 better teams in the league!
      Modern football, modern fans, modern expectations, who’d be a football manager these days eh?

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
      "I am trying to build a group to be successful and nights like this are incredible."

Winning a shootout in front of United's Stretford End is always going to be remembered by fans and players in years to come.

Well done, Frank. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
      Absolutely. This could be a huge boost to mentality for that group of players.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."