Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tonights Carabao Cup

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amusing.

7th place and 8 points behind Liverpool after only 6 games.
Losing to little old Brighton.
Falling out with Pogba. Again.
Out of the Carabao Cup, losing at home to Derby.

How long will Jose last?

5live analysing that now. The problem they have is that the Glazers are in The States and are content as the money pours in, with CEO Woodward a weak non-football-background man, leaving Mourinho and Pogba as the 'personalities' running the narrative.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Jose seems to have a shelf life of about 3 years at every club he's managed. Great success at the start, then slowly things seem to go downhill and he loses the dressing room.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"It was the easiest selection I have had, the players were superb against Brentford and they deserved the chance to play at Old Trafford. I wanted to bring a team who could really compete." - Frank Lampard
https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/45408617

Hang on Frank.
Aren't Derby in a Championship playoff spot?
Surely you don't want any meaningless Cup distractions other than focusing on getting into the promised land that is the Premier League?

(Just preparing the ground for the FA Cup 3rd Round draw in December and discussions on Albion team selections...)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"It was the easiest selection I have had, the players were superb against Brentford and they deserved the chance to play at Old Trafford. I wanted to bring a team who could really compete." - Frank Lampard
https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/45408617

Hang on Frank.
Aren't Derby in a Championship playoff spot?
Surely you don't want any meaningless Cup distractions other than focusing on getting into the promised land that is the Premier League?

(Just preparing the ground for the FA Cup 3rd Round draw in December and discussions on Albion team selections...)

A 3rd Round tie against Blyth Spartans at the Amex will suit me, and we can rest our best 11.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A 3rd Round tie against Blyth Spartans at the Amex will suit me, and we can rest our best 11.

Just get this man on board to pick out the away teams as he's done before and I'm sure anything can be 'arranged'.

He even used to play in High School apparently. Whether he can play leftback is still unknown.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WOAH! Hang on a minute. I've just noticed Palace won a match without ZAHAHAHAHAHA. When did that last happen?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Acting like an utter bellend in his post match interview. Looks like a tramp as well.

Yeah - Looked like he'd been on a lad's weekend in Blackpool. Can't believe what he said about Phil Jones, the bloke just looked really low when he missed and then his manager treats him like that. Always had time for Mourinho but he's pretty stressed right now....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah - Looked like he'd been on a lad's weekend in Blackpool. Can't believe what he said about Phil Jones, the bloke just looked really low when he missed and then his manager treats him like that. Always had time for Mourinho but he's pretty stressed right now....

That was shocking.......'yeah, we know Phil can't take a penalty to save his life, he's shit'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Southampton go marching on with a penalty shootout win at Goodison.

Followed by great gallows humour from Evertonians fuming with Marko Silva:
IMG_2880.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here