Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2018 - official thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Tom is a lifeless wimp, his firing was long overdue. Very smart and probably a sensible bloke but no personality or charisma at all. He has long since been the doomed man.

Sabrina is looking like a strong candidate to win this for me - she is everything Lord Al is looking for, she's industrious and self motivating, which he wants, and her idea matches up with what she's already doing successfully. She is one hell of an acorn to plant in the ground. :love:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tom is a lifeless wimp, his firing was long overdue. Very smart and probably a sensible bloke but no personality or charisma at all. He has long since been the doomed man.

Sabrina is looking like a strong candidate to win this for me - she is everything Lord Al is looking for, she's industrious and self motivating, which he wants, and her idea matches up with what she's already doing successfully. She is one hell of an acorn to plant in the ground. :love:

Sabrina of the acne. Sian’s quality.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tom was unlucky there. Unlike the other team his team actually produced an advert and remembered to take the items with them.

Had Camilla not reduced the price of the jewellery with 30 seconds to go they might have held onto one of their two jewellery sales which would have been enough to win the task.

And we're guaranteed to get at least one of Kadija the Cleaner or Nut Milk Girl in the final, Jesus!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That sealed his fate. I don't think there's anything worse any candidate can do in this process than buy something at £206 and sell it at £130. Indeed, Kayode commented he thought the customer was being charged too much at £130.

For the second week in a row I was watching the TV through a facepalm. This crop of girls is poor, and yet there are 7 of them left and only 2 boys. There's no doubt this is the worst crop of candidates ever, and I'm struggling to see any one of them as someone Sugar might do business with.

Reinforced yet again this week, definitely the worst group of no-marks ever assembled. Excruciating to watch, and it is deliberate. If the show ever had a kernel at its core of finding entrepreneurial talent (and that is very doubtful) they gave up that pretence long ago. It is a modern-day version of the Victorian circus freak show.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Karen has been very supportive of Sabrina from the start, it has saved her in at least one boardroom. Maybe that's for a reason, and she's the anointed one. To be fair, she was less gobby this week.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Am I the only person who thought TV shopping channels died a death years back? I genuinely had no idea they still existed, let alone people still spending £1k+ on jewelry on them

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
One thing that strikes me is that in just about every task, just about every candidate completely ignores anything Sabrina has to say. So much so that it's getting quite funny. I'm not sure if this is because

a) they think she has nothing of worth to contribute
b) they see her as a threat
c) it's clever editing

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reinforced yet again this week, definitely the worst group of no-marks ever assembled. Excruciating to watch, and it is deliberate. If the show ever had a kernel at its core of finding entrepreneurial talent (and that is very doubtful) they gave up that pretence long ago. It is a modern-day version of the Victorian circus freak show.

This.

Usually by now, the joke candidates have all gone. Instead, some idiots are still there headed by the awful motor mouth Kadija.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
3 defeats from 3 tasks as PM sealed Tom's fate, but he was royally hard done by last night.

Stitched into taking the helm by the manipulative snide Jackie (yes, of course he could have said no), he did a reasonable job, and actually was the TOP contributor on the task itself. He made a decent advert, managed the egos well, and made a decent fist of presenting (despite nonsense being shouted relentlessly in his ear).

Nut milk should have gone, for sure. Her decision to slash the price of the jewelry 30 seconds before the cut off, literally just threw away £1100 and cost them the win. As bad a business call as the show has ever seen,

And Jackie, just for being a calculating bitch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't understand the task last night, in general. Surely the win needed to be judged on PROFIT rather than SALES?

It made no sense. If one team had chosen an item costing £700, with an RRP of £1,000, and knocked out hundreds of them at a tenner apiece, they'd have 'won' the task, despite making a loss of tens of thousands of pounds :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
3 defeats from 3 tasks as PM sealed Tom's fate, but he was royally hard done by last night.

Stitched into taking the helm by the manipulative snide Jackie (yes, of course he could have said no), he did a reasonable job, and actually was the TOP contributor on the task itself. He made a decent advert, managed the egos well, and made a decent fist of presenting (despite nonsense being shouted relentlessly in his ear).

Nut milk should have gone, for sure. Her decision to slash the price of the jewelry 30 seconds before the cut off, literally just threw away £1100 and cost them the win. As bad a business call as the show has ever seen,

And Jackie, just for being a calculating bitch.

I also thought Camilla and Kadija were snides, gladly concurring with Tom’s appointment. You could see the relief in their eyes.

I can see them both exiting pretty soon.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I love the programme but I am growing tired of watching a task and then LS firing who’s ever business plan he doesn’t like. It makes a mockery of the task other than thinning down his selection each week. Why can’t he not see the business plans until the last few tasks?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love the programme but I am growing tired of watching a task and then LS firing who’s ever business plan he doesn’t like. It makes a mockery of the task other than thinning down his selection each week. Why can’t he not see the business plans until the last few tasks?

True. In seasons past Kadija and Sabrina would’ve gone. Now manipulated so that the ‘Acorns’ as he descibes them survive, no matter how inept and/or aggressive each week.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
True. In seasons past Kadija and Sabrina would’ve gone. Now manipulated so that the ‘Acorns’ as he descibes them survive, no matter how inept and/or aggressive each week.

Why would Sabrina have gone? She's performed well from the start and obviously has business nous. She's a real contender to win the series and rightly so.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
They explained later that customers get a chance to cancel their order and that all the orders for the jewelery had been cancelled so the fault may have been not slashing it enough...if people weren't prepared to confirm the order at £300, they surely wouldn't have done at £800.

In fact the bigger mistake may have been Sian sticking to her price and losing the sale of the earrings rather than following Sabrina's suggestion to drop it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They explained later that customers get a chance to cancel their order and that all the orders for the jewelery had been cancelled so the fault may have been not slashing it enough...if people weren't prepared to confirm the order at £300, they surely wouldn't have done at £800.

In fact the bigger mistake may have been Sian sticking to her price and losing the sale of the earrings rather than following Sabrina's suggestion to drop it.

You heard wrong - both their sales of the earring DID go through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here