Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2018 - official thread

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They can’t have done or the total sales sum would have been far greater. I think it is you who heard wrong.

Sorry - not earring. Pendant, or whatever tat they were selling. They sold two at £850, then slashed the price to £350, and sold no more. Both went through (at the final £350 price)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Is it me, or does/did Tom sound just like David Beckham when he spoke? ??? He's got a career as a radio soundalike to fall back on...

One thing I said to Mrs Nose last night when they were describing the products on the presentation was "do they do ANY research about what they're selling? How hard is it to Google 'AAA' quality for start - or ask someone?". She replied with "They have smart phones with internet. Use the fecking things!!"

They seem drawn to putting people with little or no common sense on there.

I'd like to see more of Camilla. Hopefully they have a swimwear task... after Khadija has gone please. ???

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Is it me, or does/did Tom sound just like David Beckham when he spoke? ??? He's got a career as a radio soundalike to fall back on...

One thing I said to Mrs Nose last night when they were describing the products on the presentation was "do they do ANY research about what they're selling? How hard is it to Google 'AAA' quality for start - or ask someone?". She replied with "They have smart phones with internet. Use the fecking things!!"

I'd like to see more of Camilla. Hopefully they have a swimwear task... after Khadija has gone please. ???

Apparently they're only allowed to use the phones for phone calls. So they can't Google stuff, use the calculator etc.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Okay - then when they were at the warehouse choosing the items to sell, could they not say to the guy who owns the stock "okay, help me sell this item for the pair of us - tell me all about it.." :shrug:

Jospeh

Oct 28, 2016
I think the show would be better if they laid out exactly the production rules the contestants face. Maybe they wouldn't seem to stupid then. It's clear they face severe time restrictions but we're never told explicitly, e.g 'they only have 10 minutes to decide the branding on this item' or 'they must find these 10 items across London but they can't use the internet'. I don't know why they keep these things so hidden.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My biggest guffaw is when they've just climbed out of bed and the woman says "the car will be waiting for you in 20 minutes"

A house full of women getting ready in 20 minutes.... Yeah, right-o.... ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I find it odd why Sugar didn't fire Kadija:

1. Kadija was, once again, aggressive, shouty, not particularly good, she lost the task and then blubbed in the boardroom.
2. Claude told Sugar that Jackie was "manipulative, but quite brilliant".
3. Kadija's business plan is to roll out her cleaning company - a projected doomed from the start but also not a million miles away from the model Joseph Valente had in 2015 when he won. Sugar split with him and his ImpraGas company less than 15 months later as the idea tanked. Surely he'd run a mile from a similar venture?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My biggest guffaw is when they've just climbed out of bed and the woman says "the car will be waiting for you in 20 minutes"

A house full of women getting ready in 20 minutes.... Yeah, right-o.... ???

Has anyone used that line the morning after the night before: "You're fired! The car will be waiting for you outside in 20 minutes."

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

They're not allowed phones or internet, all that stuff is taken from them at the start of the process. I think contact with the outside world is also limited.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Taking inspiration from CMS, I think Sabrina is the Apprentice Labrador. Runs around enthusiastically huffing and puffing and keeps coming back no matter how many times you kick her, ultimately very irritating and that's why nobody listens to her.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I find it odd why Sugar didn't fire Kadija:

1. Kadija was, once again, aggressive, shouty, not particularly good, she lost the task and then blubbed in the boardroom.
2. Claude told Sugar that Jackie was "manipulative, but quite brilliant".
3. Kadija's business plan is to roll out her cleaning company - a projected doomed from the start but also not a million miles away from the model Joseph Valente had in 2015 when he won. Sugar split with him and his ImpraGas company less than 15 months later as the idea tanked. Surely he'd run a mile from a similar venture?

She’s never going to win, he would not work with her. She’s gobby, aggressive, interrupts, every other week he challenges her on her aggression, no one gets on with her.

She just got lucky being on some winning teams.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
She’s never going to win, he would not work with her. She’s gobby, aggressive, interrupts, every other week he challenges her on her aggression, no one gets on with her.

She just got lucky being on some winning teams.

Kadija, nut milk and eye piercing have been incredibly lucky to be on the winning team at the right time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shockingly tacky concept by Daniel and Camilla, immature throughout, crap chocs made by a drunk Sarah ... they’ve lost.

How the hell do they think they can leave anything but a shite impression?

= 9 lives Kadija survives again.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Shockingly tacky concept by Daniel and Camilla, immature throughout, crap chocs made by a drunk Sarah ... they’ve lost.

How the hell do they think they can leave anything but a shite impression?

= 9 lives Kadija survives again.

You do wonder whether these people do their homework. Sugar is - whatever other faults he has - not one for the 'sex sells' ploy, Indeed he's a bit of an old school prude. Karen is a feminist (a bit odd given some of her West Ham connections) and was always going to look down her nose at the rather smutty (if hardy hard core) Seductive Santa approach. I thought they got it right last night with the sacking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Going to be carnage next week with the interviews. Some diabolical candidates have made it through. Looking forward to Kadija and Camilla explaining their gross profit, sales projections etc.

Sian and Sabrina to the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here