Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff Away 12:30 KO Saturday 10th November

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What has happened to our away support? Everton only the lower tier on sale and nowhere near selling out, Cardiff nowhere near the full allocation, about half the away end at Newcastle, smaller allocation at Anfield. I thought it was impossible to get an away ticket! I think only Watford, Southampton and Man City have sold out the full allocations. I know games have been moved for TV etc etc, but its pretty poor to be in only our second season and already struggling to sell tickets.

I dont get a programme so not seen our official away attendances. Do any websites show these stats?

Cant put my finger on it but I’ve been a regular away fan for years, rarely missing a match. I’ve stopped enjoying most of our away games and now pick and choose. Lots of new faces which is good but lots of familiar faces have gone missing.
Perhaps it was the journey that was most fun

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I've got in to the habit of buying an advanced train ticket and buying a ticket in home area. It's all done and dusted way before away tickets are available. I like this certainty. Ticket price is higher, loyalty points are stuck but pitch views have always been excellent and quite enjoyed chatting to home supporters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What has happened to our away support? Everton only the lower tier on sale and nowhere near selling out, Cardiff nowhere near the full allocation, about half the away end at Newcastle, smaller allocation at Anfield. I thought it was impossible to get an away ticket! I think only Watford, Southampton and Man City have sold out the full allocations. I know games have been moved for TV etc etc, but its pretty poor to be in only our second season and already struggling to sell tickets.

I dont get a programme so not seen our official away attendances. Do any websites show these stats?

I think there were many last season who wanted to tick off a ground that they hadn't been to before, which reduces numbers this season unless they want to visit again.
I also believe that many are fair weather fans and don't like going if they believe we are going to lose
Also many have commented that they have stopped going due to the need to stand up. Although the new approach on away tickets this season is designed to ensure that those that want to sit down will take the front seats and those that want to stand the back seats this is clearly not working, As an example at Newcastle on Saturday a couple in the front row (row B) stood for the whole game meaning that everyone who's view was blocked by this pair needed to stand. If you want to stand, why would you select the front row??

At least it does mean that if you want a ticket (ex London) you will be able to get one

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cant put my finger on it but I’ve been a regular away fan for years, rarely missing a match. I’ve stopped enjoying most of our away games and now pick and choose. Lots of new faces which is good but lots of familiar faces have gone missing.
Perhaps it was the journey that was most fun

Almost sums us up as well. Haven't missed a league game since Newcastle on 30th Dec but won't be doing Everton and after we've been to Cardiff, won't be doing any more until 2019. Away form for the last year has been an absolute killer. Until Newcastle last week, no wins for 351 days.

At least those 650 that missed out on a reserve game at the Vitality Stadium are able to take advantage of the availability of tickets!!!!

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Bought my ticket for Burnley - but no idea if I will be able to get there by train. Northern Rail (RMT again) have been striking for a total of twelve consecutive Saturdays ending in mid-November.What will happen then?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seems the novelty of PL away days has well and truly warn off, guess being on Sky doesn't help

I think the early selling really isn't helping. I went to every game bar one last season but the games are being sold so far in advance that organising whether our group of 6/7 are all going to each game two months in advance has been harder this season. We only just agreed who was going to Huddersfield and Burnley so only bought them both earlier in the week.

Some people don't know whether they are working until closer to the time so it is tricky.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Seems the novelty of PL away days has well and truly warn off, guess being on Sky doesn't help

I just don't think people think of Burnley or Cardiff - grounds that we've visited at least 4 or 5 times in the Championship - as 'Premier League away days'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here