Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] *** Labour Party Annual Conference, 23-25 September 2018, ACC Liverpool ***

Mark Mywords

Jun 21, 2016
A pointless conference unless you are a back slapping Trotskyist or Momentum member having their “moment” believing that a rag tag bunch of incompetent nobodies with unworkable and laughable policies could ever get elected to power. In its present form Labour is a joke of a party wholly unrepresentative of the people they expect to vote for them. The present Conservative administration is a shambles, so basically we’re all fecked!

Why not? It worked for the Tories.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thanks.

Also look at the demographic breakdown of speakers on QT. A fair representation of political views in this country? I think not. I meant to tag [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in this.

https://twitter.com/BBCBrokenNews/status/1040562755156238336

[tweet]1040562755156238336[/tweet]

Have a look here and try and see how they came to that conclusion because I can't:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Question_Time_episodes#2017

And what does the graph mean ? Voted for that party, am a member of that party - how could they possibly tell ?

The problem with that twitter feed is that is borderline fake news in places.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thanks.

Also look at the demographic breakdown of speakers on QT. A fair representation of political views in this country? I think not. I meant to tag [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in this.

https://twitter.com/BBCBrokenNews/status/1040562755156238336

[tweet]1040562755156238336[/tweet]

LOL tagging in [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

@bbcquestiontime releases an infographic on 13th Sept 2018 showing a previous breakdown of panellists to announce the new series of question time.

A few hours later on the 14 September @BBCBrokenNews release their own, all figures are the same except the headers UKIP and other panellists has been swapped, colours and the date changed.

What a remarkable set of coincidences on identical figures separated by 15 years........double LOL

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/1040246958420578304/photo/1
https://twitter.com/BBCBrokenNews/status/1040562755156238336/photo/1

BBC is the top one by the way

Dm-yxPPW0AIHEJ2.jpg

DnDSECrW4AArAf4.jpg

its twitter though.......must be true

ps you can add up appearances yourself to realise you are fake news

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Question_Time_episodes#Year_overview

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The result upset the clown who created it. Then he resigned to spend more time with his money.

I don't like Corbyn and you need to take you blue-tinted specs off :shrug:

I agree with you Harry about Cameron. He walked away when he didn't get the result he wanted. Sorry Harry I just can't vote for labour anymore no matter who's running them. Like you, I don't like corbyn either.
Would you vote for him? Genuine question.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have a look here and try and see how they came to that conclusion because I can't:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Question_Time_episodes#2017

And what does the graph mean ? Voted for that party, am a member of that party - how could they possibly tell ?

The problem with that twitter feed is that is borderline fake news in places.

Yes, I know, but the QT breakdown is interesting. It's often been commented on NSC, that the panel is unrepresentative especially when UKIP don't have any sitting MPs whereas Green has one.

D

Deleted member 22389

Listening to LBC this morning, not one person who phoned in agreed with Corbyns ideas, it says it all really. You would think Labour would have changed by now, they have got worse.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Listening to LBC this morning, not one person who phoned in agreed with Corbyns ideas, it says it all really. You would think Labour would have changed by now, they have got worse.

Hard to agree with them on everything, some crack pot stuff, but given a binary choice between Labour and the Tories right now, I'd go Labour and I've never voted for them in my lifetime

Yes the Tories are that bad, wait for next week, should be fun...

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
No surprise that the producer of that LBC phone-in selected anti-Corbyn callers to go on air. LBC has been run by Tory sympathisers for years. Is there anyone left who really believes we get unbiased political output from the big corporations?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think if you're solely into self-serving then relative to being an MP there are numerous jobs that are considerably better paying, involve far less work and also don't carry the risk the occasional nut job trying to kill you.

I'm not sure "be an MP" would be anywhere near the top of my list.

When you have a private income, the money is nothing, but the power is the ambition. See Boris.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rebecca Long Bailey on breakfast news quizzed repeatedly on Remain option on People's Vote, she had to be asked 3 times and conceded it was there, albeit thru gritted teeth.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No surprise that the producer of that LBC phone-in selected anti-Corbyn callers to go on air. LBC has been run by Tory sympathisers for years. Is there anyone left who really believes we get unbiased political output from the big corporations?

Nick Ferrari does pretend to be even handed, but he hates the left

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When you have a private income, the money is nothing, but the power is the ambition. See Boris.

For some. You said "Most politicians are in it for themselves" - I think that most are the complete opposite. Most have no hope of reaching the top of the political ladder, and have no ambition to get there. They work mainly for the benefit of their constituency, whilst retaining some regard for the country as a whole.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Labour leadership may be playing a blinder (we'll see):

'For Corbyn and his team, Brexit is not about just leaving the European Union. It is about how working class voters, largely in towns and communities across England, felt the control they had over their lives has been taken away from them over the last forty years, in particular under the Thatcher and Blair governments'

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickha...m_campaign=bfsharetwitter&utm_term=.hv8rPGyQe

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Labour leadership may be playing a blinder (we'll see):

not really, depends how many understand the implications, costs and consequence of their policy. example, my missus whos a bit of floating voter, asked last night if Corbyn came to power which country we should move to.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
not really, depends how many understand the implications, costs and consequence of their policy. example, my missus whos a bit of floating voter, asked last night if Corbyn came to power which country we should move to.

A bit like you did with your informed decision to vote for Brexit you mean?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

I suspect plenty of people understand it well enough.
They certainly understand very well who the current government represent and work for.
example,
Corbyn’s nationalisation policies, monstered by Conservative HQ and in the Tory press, are consistently popular with voters. A YouGov poll found 54% of voters back Labour’s new share ownership policy, with just 17% opposed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They certainly understand very well who the current government represent and work for.
example,
Corbyn’s nationalisation policies, monstered by Conservative HQ and in the Tory press, are consistently popular with voters. A YouGov poll found 54% of voters back Labour’s new share ownership policy, with just 17% opposed.

scary.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
example,

I'm amazed that 71% of people can understand it enough to form a judgement. I've worked in the employee share plans industry, and I'm not sure I get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here